You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

About COVID 19 offer

Hi !

Very kind to make this offer in this terrible time. But what about 1st customers ? Could it be possible to have a discount on the rest of the store ? 50% pack ? 

You did a great job on your apps and I love to use them. I encourage future new customers to deep into affinity's softwares with the actual offer.

thanks

• Staff

@Pékélé

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

29 minutes ago, Pékélé said:

Could it be possible to have a discount on the rest of the store ? 50% pack ? 

I think the idea of #WeWantToHelp is to give people who just need some software to have access (trial for 90 days or 50% off till 20th April). I think the content is more of a luxury, nice to have than the essential tools that the software represent. This is not a general sale in that respect, so optional content and workbooks are excluded. Hope you understand

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Free for 90 days? .... I want to try the leatest Publisher for some time, but I got a period of 30 days is done...

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

• Staff
12 minutes ago, Pékélé said:

yes i understand, it was just a question as the situation for artists are quite difficult by this time and any kind of proposal is good to stay in this job. Anyway thanks for the reply and for your effort.

Yes, if this continues for quite a while perhaps we will have a wider price reduction to help everyone.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
3 minutes ago, studio97 said:

Free for 90 days? .... I want to try the leatest Publisher for some time, but I got a period of 30 days is done...

Sorry not "free for 90 days" I meant a 90 day trial, that you claim from the buttons here. I have edited my first post.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Hope everyone and their loved ones are staying healthy and safe. 

Some time ago, I came across the Affinity Serif software suite as a result of a project that I was about to embark upon that used INDesign, which is totally out my price range, especially since this was a personal project in my own time but back then Affinity Publisher was still in the Beta stage.  I kind of forgot about the entire enterprise but since this lockdown (I'm in the NYC tri-state area) I decided to see if I could test out Affinity Publisher to see whether I might be able to use it instead of INDesign (whose brief trial wouldn't allow me enough time to learn how to use it and employ it in my project). 

When I checked Affinity Serif Twitter page a few days ago, I was elated to discover that there was a 90 Day trial period and an offer for a 50% discount. I'd prefer to purchase Publisher but I found out about this offer kind of late and the April 20th expiration date seems a bit too soon for my wallet.   Not to be that person but I have to ask, is there any way this 50% discount could be extended even a few days?🙏🏾If not , I understand as I now realize that this offer has been out there for about a month and I'm the one who found it late but if there is any way to extend this even a few more days, I'd appreciate this as it would make it possible for me to purchase Publisher. Yes, I'm that poor, lol.

Well, if you made it through that lengthy plea, thanks for your consideration.

Stay safe everybody.

If you buy direct from Serif they offer a 14 day no questions asked, refund policy - which should give you plenty of time to experiment and get a refund if things don't work out for you.

See https://store.serif.com/en-gb/help/

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

And there are 2-3 days left on the 50% sale, so you could get a couple of days of the free trial, before buying. That would give you 16 days to decide whether to keep it.

Serif said initially that they might consider extending the sale depending on how the pandemic situation was playing out, but they haven't said anything further yet that I've seen.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

In the past our sales are sometimes extended, though nothing has been announced as of yet. I'll post back here if I hear anything about this on Monday

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

You are welcome @DCreatif1, and Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 4/17/2020 at 10:54 PM, DCreatif1 said:

Thanks for all your replies. Have a good weekend.

In case you haven't noticed, the discount offer was extended to May 20 today.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff

Woops, my bad

On 4/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, Patrick Connor said:

In the past our sales are sometimes extended, though nothing has been announced as of yet. I'll post back here if I hear anything about this on Monday

thanks @walt.farrell

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

In case you haven't noticed, the discount offer was extended to May 20 today.

Yes, I noticed just a little while ago that the offer has been extended until May 20th!  This is so helpful for me.  I'm now thinking of purchasing Designer in addition to Publisher.  What welcome news! 

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Rodman said:

Does the 50% off extend through tomorrow?  (All day on May 20)

It should, but depending on where you live, that may be more reliable if purchasing from the Serif Affinity Store, rather than the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store. There were a few reports of early expiration in some regions of the Mac App Store back in April when it was originally set to expire, before it was extended.

-- Walt
PC:

It's just been extended to 20th June

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.