You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Desktop Tutorial

Your tutorials are great. This is a request that you create an additional tutorial video. Read on please.

I suggest you create a tutorial on how to import book-length text (50,000 to 100,000 words) into Affinity Publisher. Talk about the various source formats that can / should be used (e.g., PDF, TXT, RFT) and the various benefits of each. Talk about how best to import text while still retaining the formats and styles from the source text (or, if that is not possible, make clear what is / is not possible). Talk about what you should already have set up in your Affinity Publisher document before you import text. Talk about the pros and cons of importing text via File > Place, copy-paste, or other methods.

I find that importing a small amount of text (a few paragraphs) is pretty straightforward. But importing and formatting a large amount of text is cumbersome. So maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I think it would be better to watch a tutorial on this rather than ask a bunch of individual questions in the forum.

Thank you.