You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I was watching the video "Luminosity Masks from Layers". At the beginning of the video James says to click Alt, Control and left click on the pixel layer in order to create a luminosity mask (on a Mac) but he did not mention what is the corresponding Menu option. I do not use key shortcuts to access features. I prefer using the menu options. So what is the Menu equivalent of that key shortcut? I tried using Select/Tonal Range/Highlights but I got a different result from using the key shortcut so that is not it.

Also more broadly, I would like to suggest that anytime someone mentions key shortcuts on a video to do something, please, please also mention what is the Menu option that corresponds to that shortcut. Not everyone likes to use key shortcuts which are much more memory intensive than knowing what is the Menu option.

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi Alexspra,

There is no menu item for this I'm afraid. I recommend making a post regarding this in our Feature Requests section.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

31 minutes ago, alecspra said:

Do you know where I can find a list of all the Affinity Photo keyboard shortcuts with an explanation of what they do?

I’m not Callum (obviously!) but try this link:

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/downloadable-affinity-keyboard-shortcut-cheat-sheets/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred. I looked at the keyboard shortcuts and found no indication of how to create a luminosity mask. It’s all right. I copied the instructions from James video. 

More broadly, I am concerned that as Affinity Photo continues to grow and increase in complexity, it runs the risk of becoming an esoteric behemoth like Photoshop. Making software really user friendly is not incompatible with making it professional and sophisticated. I sincerely hope the creators of Affinity keep that in mind.

Thanks Alfred. There is a lot of information and chats on Luminosity masks, but most of it is too geeky for my patience level. My only question and request was about having a menu equivalent for keyboard shortcuts. If there is no menu equivalent, then by definition, it is not a keyboard shortcut.