basementjack

AP: Crop - canvas only, not selectable objects?

If this hasn't already been reported (or if I'm doing it wrong..)

In Affinity photo, crop seems to be global for the canvas, not per object/layer.

For example, 

I start a new 1280x720 blank image.

I use the place command to place a photo on the left

I use the place command to place a photo on the right

I need to crop the photo on the left, there seems to be no way to do that in affinity photo.

Chris, How would I do that, I tried selecting the layer, then using the crop tool,  but it goes back to selecting the whole canvas.

Or are you saying to just select the part of the image I want removed, and hit delete, vs using a crop function on it?

As a side note, I was able to do this easily in affinity designer - each photo was easily and independently cropped there.

I did try a few other photo tools just now and I see what you mean about the behavior - it does at least seem consistent.

Yes I was suggesting this would be with more the selection tool than the crop tool.

Designer treats items in a document slightly differently. Everything is an object rather than a layer like in Photo. It's slightly difficult to explain, but as you've confirmed consistent with the other apps out there!

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com