You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity designer to separation studio problem

I know this issue has been around for a while but is there a way to output a pdf to separation studio for screen printing while preserving the separate spot colours as you can when exporting from Illustrator.  When i try to export from Affinity i aleays get gradients exporting as cmyk and showing incorrect colours. I have attached an image to show what i mean.

Illustator v affinity.jpg

Sep Studio. That's been awhile since I last used it!

Probably. But I don't know how SS will see it. You could try making those as 3 different frames with a single spot color per frame and set to multiply blend and perhaps need them set to overprint. 

It just seems to be an issue that stops screen printers from moving away from illustrator. i have tried inkscape without luck, as soon as i introduce and gradients it goes haywire. I'd like to know that Affinity are working on it ,surely and if it is fixable at all, otherwise i've wasted my money.

You'll only know if Serif intend to enhance this issue of spots in gradients if one of Serif's staff replies or it is announced in the beta and/or release notes. But for now I think it's safe to say how it works is "by design."

I have now had some (variable) sucess. I am outputting as PDF high quality and have managed to get a gradient of 3 colours to load into separation studio on occasion. I have found it has to be a gradient of 3,if i change it to a 2 colour gradient,it fails to load, if i make it 3 colour with 2 of the nodes the same colour ,it fails to load.