You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Alignment Panel now forgets previous 'align to' setting

Publisher 1.8.3, MacOS Mojave 10.14.4

The Alignment Panel used to remember the previously used 'Align to' dropdown menu setting. So for multiple objects, if I changed the 'Align to' dropdown to Last Selected, the panel would remember this and every time I opened the panel Last Selected would still be the choice in the dropdown menu so all I had to do was click an alignment button to align to the last selected. Quick and easy.

But now the Alignment Panel dropdown menu defaults to Selection Bounds every time the panel is opened (for single objects it defaults to Page every time). So now if I change the 'Align to' dropdown to Last Selected, the panel forgets this setting and reverts to Selection Bounds the next time I open the panel. This means I have to click an alignment button and then open the dropdown again and choose Last Selected again every time I'm aligning objects.

This is very annoying and really slows down work. I can't imagine this was intentional. Please revert to the previous behaviour where the Alignment Panel remembers the 'Align to' dropdown menu setting.

• 4 months later...