You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to load NEF files in portrait orientation in 1.8.2.174

When loading portrait orientation NEF files from my Nikon D850, this fails  and a mirrored pixelized image turns up. There is no problem with landscape oriented NEF files. When processing the portrait oriented NEF files into JPG in/camera these JPG can load into Affinity Photo - this is my only workaround right now. There was no problems with this in the previous version. The device is a iPad Pro (12,9") (2. generation) running the newest iPad OS version 13.4.

Have just updated to version 1.8.3 and the problem remains!

Edited by JacobMichelsen
Update to newest version but bug is still there...

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem for me when importing from Photos. Using a D800.  Seems like the imported file is a mirror of the NEFs embedded jpeg. Very frustrating.  If I save the NEF to the file system and import from there it seems to work fine.  Latest release, 1.8.3.180

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This issue should be fixed now when iPadOS is upgraded to the latest version (14.3). Requires no update of Affinity Photo I believe. Whenever I had this problem (before I discovered that switching in-camera auto rotate off would fix it) I instead stored NEF files in an iCloud archive and then imported into Affinity Photo from there. That also fixed the problem. But now upgrading Apples latest OS for the iPad seems to do the job.

Cheers /Jacob.