You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How Large Of A File Can Affinity Designer on iPad handle?

Hi, I’m considering switching over to an iPad Pro to use Affinity Designer with. I currently use inDesign on a MacBook Pro to link over 500 images That are about 15mb each. I eventually export this document - that ends up being over a hundred pages long - into a secured PDF to send out. I’m wondering if

1. The iPad Pro will be able to handle a document this large?

2. Exporting to interactive PDFs (with bookmarks) supported?

• Staff

Hi HereForTheTea,

Welcome to the forums,

It is not possible to create protected or interactive PDFs with Designer I'm afraid. However it should in theory be able to handle a document like that on iPad performance wise.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:39 PM, HereForTheTea said:

I eventually export this document - that ends up being over a hundred pages long - into a secured PDF to send out. I’m wondering if

Check out Readdle (Documents/PDFExpert pro) for iOS. These easily handle 100page PDF docs and you can set up bookmarks and links to pages, images and URL in secured document.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Callum, I’m currently working on a file on my MacBook with Publisher and the file size came up close to 1GB with images embedded, (200+ art boards). It slowed my MacBook down significantly by this point, using up around 10GB of RAM. Hoping this won’t happen on iPad. 

On 4/7/2020 at 10:03 PM, Callum said:

Hi HereForTheTea,

Welcome to the forums,

It is not possible to create protected or interactive PDFs with Designer I'm afraid. However it should in theory be able to handle a document like that on iPad performance wise.

Thanks

Callum

Thanks Callum, I’m currently working on a file on my MacBook with Publisher and the file size came up close to 1GB with images embedded, (200+ art boards). It slowed my MacBook down significantly by this point, using up around 10GB of RAM. Hoping this won’t happen on iPad.