You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

buttons hidden by scroller

Freid

Hi,

Most of the time when i use the layer palette  and when i want to enable/disable visibility of a layer, i have to constantly fight with the scroller (see my caps).
It's kind of annoying because i have to wait or move/come back  the mouse to be able to tick it. Dont you think that it would be nice to move those buttons a few to the left  ?

The same thing happens in designer too.

Please forgive my crummy english :)

GUI_suggestion.jpg

In Windows no problem.
image.png.ccaf4ed1f17cb21d90f2bdce1a96e2c1.png

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

I don't see this here on Mac. Have you tried doing a reset of the studios go to menu View > Studio > Reset Studio. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

10 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've tried that and i still got the issue, until i restarted the app, now it's fixed. So that's cool.

But i guess it will be back, i get that often. Maybe it has something to do with plug/unplug another screen... I dunno. Another thing i'm using an older version 1.7.3. I will upgrade it soon : maybe it will be better :)

• Staff

Hi Freid,
Can you check if you have the "When scrolling" option selected in the macOS System Preferences, General section in the Show scroll bars area please? If that's the case switching to one of the other options should solve the issue until we have this fixed (I usually have Automatically based on mouse or trackpad).

Hi Meb,

thank you for the suggestion.

That options is set to Automatically based on mouse or trackpad on my mac.

Meanwhile i did'nt encounter this issue yet. So i guess that i can live with it since i can make it disappear by restarting the app if it will come back.

• Staff

Thanks for checking. That's weird - I've experienced the issue myself a couple times but wasn't sure if it was because of that option in macOS (I change settings quite a few times while testing and may left it checked accidentally) - in any case it shouldn't happen no matter the option selected there. I will keep an eye on this and will log th e "When scrolling"  option.