Peter3377

Affinity Designer keeps crashing when I move a load of layers

I've recently bought Affinity Designer and it was well, until I found out that it kept crashing when moving layers around when I'm producing pieces of work. Whenever it freezes the program, I have to close the application, restart the computer and reload it again.

Any help about solving this technical issue would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Peter3377

Hello Sean,

The document window wasn't floating when the freezing happened, and unfortunately no, the screen gets stuck again even though I encounter it again.

Peter3377

Hi Peter3377,

Are you able to get a screen recording that demonstrates the steps you're taking to reproduce the crash. If you could show the whole screen that would be ideal! 

Thanks

Hello Sean,

Unfortunately, I couldn't have a screen recording of this, but I have an image below showing you what happens if I move a layer from the top to the bottom. Just to let you know when at that moment, obviously, there wasn't a crash, but it does happen sometimes when I have a document with a large amount of curves and layers.

Moving Layers Image.png

screenshot.afphoto

The same happens to me,  sometimes I move a layer and it freezes, I have to restart the program, frequently... probably is because of my wacom stylus, I changed the pressure sensitivity but keeps happening. 

Hi Peter3377,

Unfortunately I'm still unable to reproduce it - are you using a Wacom tablet? If so does the crashing stop if you use a mouse to move layers?

On 4/10/2020 at 5:24 PM, Ana J. said:

The same happens to me,  sometimes I move a layer and it freezes, I have to restart the program, frequently... probably is because of my wacom stylus, I changed the pressure sensitivity but keeps happening. 

Hi Ana J.

Does the freezing you're encountering also stop if you use a mouse instead of a Wacom?

Hello Sean,

I don't have a Wacom tablet unfortunately, and the crash can still happen even though I use a Touchscreen pen and my mouse touchpad.

Many thanks,

Peter

Hello, everyone.

I've recently had another experience with Affinity Photo, and the same thing happens when I'm moving a load of layers, just like what happened in Affinity Designer.

I think that there is a problem with the computer I'm using, and that might be related to one of the Windows Updates or Services from not working.

Many thanks,

Peter3377