You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer keeps crashing when I move a load of layers

I've recently bought Affinity Designer and it was well, until I found out that it kept crashing when moving layers around when I'm producing pieces of work. Whenever it freezes the program, I have to close the application, restart the computer and reload it again.

Any help about solving this technical issue would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Peter3377

Hello Sean,

Unfortunately, I couldn't have a screen recording of this, but I have an image below showing you what happens if I move a layer from the top to the bottom. Just to let you know when at that moment, obviously, there wasn't a crash, but it does happen sometimes when I have a document with a large amount of curves and layers.

Moving Layers Image.png

screenshot.afphoto

• Staff

Hi Peter3377,

Unfortunately I'm still unable to reproduce it - are you using a Wacom tablet? If so does the crashing stop if you use a mouse to move layers?

On 4/10/2020 at 5:24 PM, Ana J. said:

The same happens to me,  sometimes I move a layer and it freezes, I have to restart the program, frequently... probably is because of my wacom stylus, I changed the pressure sensitivity but keeps happening. 

Hi Ana J.

Does the freezing you're encountering also stop if you use a mouse instead of a Wacom?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone.

I've recently had another experience with Affinity Photo, and the same thing happens when I'm moving a load of layers, just like what happened in Affinity Designer.

I think that there is a problem with the computer I'm using, and that might be related to one of the Windows Updates or Services from not working.

Many thanks,

Peter3377