You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font mapping

I've just realized that some of my fonts are not pasting correctly when I copy content from LibreOffice and paste it in Apub.

The list currently is:

• Small caps, regardless of wether its applied directly or as character style it always carries over as normal. Same goes to petite caps.
  • I have a font with several sizes. LO text is 12 pt and it's carried over to the 08 pt size.
  • Liberation Serif is mapped as Arial.😦

• Staff
On 4/4/2020 at 5:39 PM, lmarcos said:

Small caps, regardless of wetherits applied directly or as character style it always carries over as normal. Same goes to petite caps.

Character styles are not copied to clipboard, so they will not come through. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Applied directly".

I have a font with several sizes. LO text is 12 pt and it's carried over to the 08 pt size.

Which font? Liberation and EB Garamond work fine

Liberation Serif is mapped as Arial

I logged this with our developers. 

35 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Character styles are not copied to clipboard, so they will not come through. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Applied directly".

Yes, character styles from Libre Office are copied to clipboard and correctly pasted, except for small cap. Bold and italics are also correctly pasted when applied directly by clicking on the b or i buttons, provided you have a font including a bold and italic set. Small caps are not copied either way and have to be manually reapplied.

35 minutes ago, Gabe said:

On 4/4/2020 at 6:39 PM, lmarcos said:

I have a font with several sizes. LO text is 12 pt and it's carried over to the 08 pt size.

Which font? Liberation and EB Garamond work fine

EB Garamond. EB Garamond 12 pt regular is pasted as 08 pt regular when that font style is installed. The Google font doesn't have the complete set of styles, so that may be the reason you're not able to replicate. The author recommends the font on Google for use on the web, so I did not installed the google font until aftwerwards I run into this issue.

22 hours ago, lmarcos said:

The standard set I downloaded from Google Font and the set with the other points from the designer site.

https://bitbucket.org/georgd/eb-garamond/downloads/

PS I'm wondering whether the Liberation Serif to Arial mapping might actually be default in LO to default in APub? 🤔