You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem scrolling through Font list and more

Hello.

I've noticed some strange behavior using the latest 2 o 3 versions of Affinity Photo. 1.8 in Mac

I couldn't place exactly the problem , but I've noticed this. 

• Scrolling through the font list when I have a text object selected is not working properly (like it used to) I begin scrolling through the font list and the list closes. I have a hard time selecting the font I want. This definitely was .not happening before. Either manually or scrolling with my mouse.... If I type the font it will work. But scrolling the font list is kind of broken...

• Also sometimes I notice that I'm working on an image in Photo (in separate mode) and I suddenly find myself in the background application that I'm also running. 

• Also starting typing in a text object in an active Photo file  will send the file to the back and bring me another Photo and make that one active (again in separate mode) .  I have to close all the opened Photo files and just have the file I want to modify to continue working .  In other words I can't have more than one Photo file open and work properly.. (Which I could before) 

Something is off.. and making Photo not working properly. maybe investigate Separate mode..

Note: Restarting Photo seems to fix the font list text issue temporarily but I've "felt" this problem arise in these couple of days ....  strange. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

21 hours ago, velarde said:

Anyone else seen this?

Please see the following for something very similar.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Separated Mode: text related dropdown closes itself and switch focus to the next document) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 months later...

Since downloading the latest iteration (1.8.6), I've been experiencing the scrolling issue mentioned by Velarde. Initially, everything works as expected. At a certain point, I can no longer scroll through the font menu. I can still select a font from the menu, but I can't scroll sequentially  through them to view each option.

• Staff

@Tzvi Freeman

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Can you please confirm what macOS you are using? I think this may be an independent issue from the one that was certainly fixed, even if it seems similar to your description.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, velarde said:

Hello.

I've noticed some strange behavior using the latest 2 o 3 versions of Affinity Photo. 1.8 in Mac

I couldn't place exactly the problem , but I've noticed this. 

• Scrolling through the font list when I have a text object selected is not working properly (like it used to) I begin scrolling through the font list and the list closes. I have a hard time selecting the font I want. This definitely was .not happening before. Either manually or scrolling with my mouse.... If I type the font it will work. But scrolling the font list is kind of broken...

• Also sometimes I notice that I'm working on an image in Photo (in separate mode) and I suddenly find myself in the background application that I'm also running. 

• Also starting typing in a text object in an active Photo file  will send the file to the back and bring me another Photo and make that one active (again in separate mode) .  I have to close all the opened Photo files and just have the file I want to modify to continue working .  In other words I can't have more than one Photo file open and work properly.. (Which I could before) 

Something is off.. and making Photo not working properly. maybe investigate Separate mode..

Note: Restarting Photo seems to fix the font list text issue temporarily but I've "felt" this problem arise in these couple of days ....  strange. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Exactly the same problem with scrolling through fonts. If I quit & restart computer it works correctly just once