You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Filter screen partial refresh

Good day,

I found that the preview of applying filters in develop persona is not consistent over the image, the filters being applied partially, please see the attached images.

The filter is correctly applied on the exported image, the problem exists in the develop persona, when editing the image.
I am using Affinity Photo 1.8.3.180. This bug does not exist on MacOS.

Love Affinity Photo, keep up the good work!

8B84A2C2-02E1-4C24-9D9F-C0D5F110BD6C.jpeg

A11CA964-0413-4FF5-A3A4-6FC0AC44DB0C.jpeg

C368F533-B8FE-4018-B7E3-81FF9243797D.jpeg

33AF4FCD-63BA-4ABC-97C0-1AD3794B39AA.png

_7R30006.jpg

7FA53173-6898-4771-B0F5-93F6806C82FA.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey ovisan,

To clarify, you mean you apply a live filter and then return to the Develop Persona to perform further edits, with the live filter enabled?

I cannot reproduce this. I've tried with Halftone and Unsharp Mask. 

Can you attach a document?

Hi Chris,

Please load the attached jpg and apply the halftone live filter to it. To reproduce the bug please zoom in, release, zoom out, release... repeatedly and after a few tries you should see the bug.

I tried to also upload a raw ARW file 85MB, but I get a -200 error. Nevertheless, the bug shows also with this jpg. Also i made 2 recordings to better illustrate the bug.

Let me know if i can help.

835F6C35-0076-4BA3-B8D3-0AE50B64F283.png

_7R33488.jpg

• Staff

Hey ovisan,

I see what you mean. The issue is more apparent when using a smaller Cell Size. I set it to 2.0 as seen in your screenshot and the problem appeared instantly.

I thought it might be a 100% view mipmap thing but the filter redraws and looks different at a number of different views. I'll pass this over :) Thanks for replying!