You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fill layers - Strange behaviour when rasterised

Fill layers do not respond to live filters. I have tried "Add noise", "Vignette", "Halftone", "Voronoi" and "Procedural textures".
Well, as far as I know, fill layers internally are vector objects and thus might be treated different from pixel layers, but on the other hand the forementioned live filters are applicable to vector shapes such as rectangles or ellipses.

So, why not use a flood-filled pixel layer? Well, the main reason for using a fill layer is the possibility to change the colour on the fly right from the colour picker dialogue. The flood fill tool is cumbersome to use here.

I just  made a strange discovery:
When you rasterise a fill layer, its label changes to Pixel. So far, so good. From now on all the live filters work as expected. Ok.
But when you now go to the colour picker and change the colour, the "pixel" layer is updated as if it was still a fill layer.

So why doesn't a fill layer respond to live filters in the first place?

Windows 10, AP 1.8.3

• 1 month later...