You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

Just a quick question, there is an option to export to PNG, but is it PNG-8 or PNG-24 ? Because I can select the pixel format but only 8 or 16 so I'm not sure what to use. I'm used to Photoshop and export to PNG-24 for the web. Also for the resampler part, I have no idea what to use, Lanczos separated or not, bicubic....

Thanks

• Staff

99% of the time, you want PNG with RGB-8 pixel format. It has transparency and is basically the same as when you've used Photoshop and chosen PNG-24 with transparency checked. If you wanted a PNG-8 output then you'd select the 'Palletised' option as that's how PNG-8 works. If you're not sure about samplers then try with bilinear or bicubic first as good starting points - they're fast and have different characteristics so they're good at different things. See which looks nicest to you (it will vary depending on the content of your document and on the size at which you're drawing things vs the original dimensions of any pixel content in your document. If you didn't have pixel data in your document then the resamplers will have no effect as everything will be drawn at the required size as it was vectors to start with, so no resamplers will be used.

Thanks,

Matt