You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD 1.8.3.641] Bugs I found in today's version so far.

Bug 1: Embedding a document into another one and rotating it doesn't rotate the light sources.
Reported this for the previous version already, original report:

Bug 2: Aligning to masked object behaves differently from aligning to masked curve 
I reported this here already: 

Bug 3: Alignment drop down menu can not be moved to a panel

Feature Request: Alignment drop down menu can not be moved to a panel

image.png.5ab767ac61c90a4974293fa45356a7dc.png

Bug 3: Copying the style of one object to another changes the settings.
Steps to reproduce:

a)  create a rectangle, size doesn't matter
b)  right click it -> Layer effects -> "Bevel/Emboss" -> slide the radius to "20px", other settings do not matter. -> apply style with "close"
c)  select the rectangle and press CTRL+C to copy it to clipboard.
d)  create a 2nd rectangle of different size (make it much bigger to have a more visible effect)
e)  press CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste the small rectangles style
f)  check the settings of the new rectangle: right click -> Layer effects -> "Bevel/Emboss". The radius is now something totally different from the original "20px".

This bug also happens to other layer effects and the "Scale with object" setting does not have an impact.

Fun fact: If the 2nd rectangle is created by copying the 2st rectangle right after step (a), then resizing it and going through the rest of the steps (that means adding some layer effects to the 1st rectangle, selecting it, CTRL+C, selecting the 2nd rectangle, CTRL+SHIFT+V), the layer effects stay in tact! That's super weird to me!

Bug 4: Weird rendering artifact for sharp Bevel
Applying a sharp bevel/emboss with a 45deg angel light source (that's not too uncommon ... 🙄) causes a weird dark line on the edge. It should not be there, it should all be uniform. Same for the white line on the opposite side.

image.thumb.png.451c425546286360260e52a1c5a79bd8.png

Final notes.

Ok, that's the bugs I found so far. Oh and any news on a vector envelope/perpective/distort or scissors tool? I'm just asking for a friend ... :)
Naja, non the less I like seeing you guys working to improve the software. Keep it up.  

Edited by pekranodon
Alignment Panel should probably be a feature request. changed that.

12 minutes ago, pekranodon said:

Bug 3: Alignment drop down menu can not be moved to a panel

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The Alignment options have never been available on a panel, and I do not see that as a bug. It might be a reasonable feature request, I suppose.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Pekranodon,

All the issues you've mentioned are already with development, except the Layer Effects one. I've been looking at that one and it is By Design. It is a side effect that you get when you using the Inner type because it uses a form of chisel, which gives it a flat edge to catch some light and not the perfect corner like you're expecting. Photoshop also gives me the same results!

On 4/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Pekranodon,

All the issues you've mentioned are already with development, except the Layer Effects one. I've been looking at that one and it is By Design. It is a side effect that you get when you using the Inner type because it uses a form of chisel, which gives it a flat edge to catch some light and not the perfect corner like you're expecting. Photoshop also gives me the same results!

Hey Sean,

Thanks for your efforts and the clarification. Good to hear it's on the list. Overall I like the products quite a lot and seeing them getting better is always nice! And also a big shout-out to the devs if you meet them.

Cheers!