You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity crashes every few minutes

Hello,

I am using an IPAD 12.9 4th Generation, Software Version 13.4.

I am not able to work with Affinity Photo on the IPAD, since it crashes all the time, regardless if I place an object, select a brush or do anything else.

I updated to Version1.8.3, but the crashes took place also in previous version. I love Affinity, but this is really enoying. Please help! 

• Staff

Hey KimHou,

First try restarting your iPad.

Second, can I suggest you record a quick video. Your post makes it sound like you don't have to do much to make the app crash. If you do not have a recipe to reproduce the crash, a video might help us spot something. 

Oh and welcome to the Affinity forums :) 

I have A suggestion for anyone experiencing app crashes on v.1.8.3. It may be specific to my iPad Air 2, however after updating to the latest public release I did experience app crashes when working with RAW files (did not experience this issue with the beta release of the same version).  As a shot in the dark, I uninstalled the App and re-downloaded it. No more crashes. App is working great, thou I admit I feel like the high frequency filter takes a long time to process. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Chris and Erik, thanks a lot for your replies. I am sorry for my late answer, but I needed some time for testing. 
@ Erik: your hint was really helpful and helped me.

Actually I am still experiencing the same problem, but following Eriks advise to uninstall the app and then reload it, I am able to go on

for a while without crashes. Then suddenly the cashes return and I again have to uninstall the app.

Maybe some kind of process, which forces the crashes?

Unfortunately when doing that, I am loosing all macros, brushes, pictures etc.

From my perspective, this is should not be a  solution;-)

Would be great, if you could have a look at that!

with kind regards,

Kim

Hi KimHou. I can only add that as of the recent public release the app does not crash for me at all.

I am using an Ipad Air 2 on software version 13.3.1

Affinity photo version 1.8.3.180

I only had to uninstall and re-install the app once. I hope the community can offer you a solution. I understand how frustrating it can be to loose the work you've done. 

Maybe try clearing history every so often. It takes up ram. To clear history tap the clock icon and tap the menu at the top. Select clear history.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/