You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have found that when changing the text frame size, the height of the text inside does not adjust and remains visible. Problem has only occurred since version 1.8.

Before that, it worked and was given an overflow character to allow the text to be run through a link in another frame.

Textframeproblem.jpg

39 minutes ago, PaRunk said:

Have found that when changing the text frame size, the height of the text inside does not adjust and remains visible. Problem has only occurred since version 1.8.

Before that, it worked and was given an overflow character to allow the text to be run through a link in another frame.

Overflow and linking have never been functions of the Affinity Designer application. They are part of Affinity Publisher only.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Well, unfortunately I can no longer understand it because I no longer have the old versions.

If it really was, I would be happy if this would also work in Designer, since I do not design for every product in Publisher.

I often create advertising banners for the web and other products only with designers and use quantity text there because it is requested by the customer and they then want to have everything handed out as graphic files, which they can then open and edit in Illustrator or Corel.

I often recommend Affinity products because I really like these programs. But some also do not want to miss certain functions that are available in the other programs. I also miss some functions that I call in the forum.

3 hours ago, PaRunk said:

If it really was, I would be happy if this would also work in Designer, since I do not design for every product in Publisher.

I often create advertising banners for the web and other products only with designers and use quantity text there because it is requested by the customer and they then want to have everything handed out as graphic files, which they can then open and edit in Illustrator or Corel.

If you own both applications, you can work with either the Publisher Persona or the Designer Persona in Publisher. You then have access to Artboards, and to Frame Text that works as you want. You won't have Designer's Pixel Persona, nor the Export Persona, so you would have to switch to the full Designer application if you need either of those (File > Edit in Designer). Or if you also have Photo, you would have the Photo Persona available in Publisher, and might not need Designer's Pixel Persona within Publisher.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Good Morning,

Well, that it is not possible to connect text frames with each other, I find it bad, as well as other graphic designers. But I find it even worse that too long a text cannot be covered by reducing the frame height.

Even if I own all Affinity products, I only work in image and graphic programs and only a little with layout programs.

Other graphic designers, whom I know, only work exclusively in graphic programs, since they mostly create illustrations and occasionally have to include texts.

It is therefore also important that a large part of the functions for word processing and design should also be available in a graphics program.

The best examples are the graphics programs from other software manufacturers.

3 hours ago, PaRunk said:

Even if I own all Affinity products, I only work in image and graphic programs and only a little with layout programs.

But with StudioLink you have the ability to work in Publisher and also have the main functions of both Photo and Designer available.

If you choose to ignore the benefit of using all the functions Serif has made available, that is your choice. But why handicap yourself by thinking you need to stay in the image or graphic program when the layout program will give you the functions you want?

-- Walt
PC:

Now that I've worked with Adobe programs for over twenty years and have been looking for an alternative, I naturally notice a lot of advantages but also disadvantages. And in addition, I also talk to other people in my professional environment about the programs to which I recommended the programs and teach them how to work with them. Then questions arise, why these things do not work as you are used to.

Above all, users who actually only want to use one or two of the programs have been left behind, not being able to use all the important functions because they do not have the other programs.

Therefore, I address these topics here in the forum, which not only see me, but also others as errors and problems. Desires are also expressed as to which functions one desires in the programs in order to be able to work even faster and more effectively without having to constantly switch between the programs.

And if you are offered functions in the program, but they don't work properly, as expected, you naturally ask why it doesn't work and whether you could correct it.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:00 PM, PaRunk said:

It has always been like that in Affinity Designer in every version of the app. This is not a change introduced in version 1.8.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7