Sign in to follow this  
tiltowait

Both apps: Missing Font

Hi there, I have a font that I use for a lot of my work. This font has a number of weights: book, medium, demi, bold, and ultra. In every other app I use, all of the weights show up (including Font Book). In both apps, however, the "bold" weight doesn't show. Unfortunately, I use this weight a lot in headings and the like.

The font in question is this one:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/kabel/

Clicking bold just puts it to Ultra, which isn't the right face. However, my home computer is on the El Capitan beta. I'll try again at work, where I have Yosemite. (Pixelmator has a similar problem on El Cap, I just noticed. Pages, however, does not.)

Looks like it's an El Captian bug after all. It also looks like an OTF issue. I reinstalled the TTF versions of the fonts, and they're working correctly.

A font bug in El Capitan? That's not good. I hope we're not getting one set of problems fixed only to get a new bunch. I can live with wi-fi issues, but font issues will be a disaster.

Looks like it's an El Captian bug after all. It also looks like an OTF issue. I reinstalled the TTF versions of the fonts, and they're working correctly.

Just wanted to bump this to say that this bug still exists in the latest 10.11 DP and Affinity 1.3.5.

This is definitely good to know thanks. We just ask the OS to give use the fonts that are available but if there is anything we can do to overcome this, we should do it.