You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Your Mac Updates Corrupted ALL 3 of my Affinity Apps!

Your Mac updates of Photo, Designer, and Publisher corrupted ALL of my installs. :( It installed duplicate versions of all 3. When I tried to delete the duplicates they were then all corrupted. I had to install them all over again from scratch and have now lost ALL of the brushes, fonts, and such that you offered after launch. So aggravating!!!!! 

How do I get all of that back?!

I've tried my old emails where I was given a link to download the complimentary content for each release and at the end of the year, etc. All those extra fonts, brushes, etc. that have been offered ever since I bought each of the Affinity apps on launch are gone after your updates ended up corrupting my installs. 

Is there an account where I can redownload all of those associated with my account? Or, have I just lost all of the downloaded content I've collected over the years due to your update going horribly wrong? 

I tried the old emails with the download links and those are no longer working. 

Is there a good contact for Affinity support? Or, is this user forum the only way to reach someone who actually works for Affinity? 

18 minutes ago, skiphunt said:

Is there a good contact for Affinity support? Or, is this user forum the only way to reach someone who actually works for Affinity? 

You could try affinitysupport@serif.com or affinity@serif.com, I think. While they're working from home I'm not sure that will be any better than the forums. But it couldn't hurt :)

(And, of course, it's the weekend now, which generally has less coverage than weekdays.)

If you have Time Machine or another kind of backup process running, and you tell us whether you bought the applications from Serif or the Mac App Store, a Mac user might be able to tell you where the files containing your resources would have been located, which might help you find them in the backups.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

If there are any actual tech support employees of Affinity monitoring this support forum... 

Your recent Mac updates ended up corrupting all 3 of my installs. I had to delete and install everything fresh from scratch. 

Now they all appear to be at least working fine, but I don't have all the extra goodies you've offered at launch, at the end of the year, etc. Those are always great and appreciated, and I'd like to get them all back. 

I've gone to old emails that supplied links to download content/fonts/brushes, etc. but those links are no longer active.

Is there a way to long into my account, and access ALL of the extra content/fonts/brushes/etc. that I've downloaded from Affinity in the past?

Thanks in advance. 

3 minutes ago, skiphunt said:

Is there a way to long into my account, and access ALL of the extra content/fonts/brushes/etc. that I've downloaded from Affinity in the past?

https://affinity.store/account/downloads

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC:

14 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Sorry. I was pretty upset to have lost a weeks worth searched source images I had loaded into layers in a project and hadn't saved yet. I was also upset to have made the decision to do what I thought was a quick update of all the apps I was currently using... only to lose everything, the rest of the afternoon troubleshooting, then all of my Affinity downloads. I was not in a very good mood at that point and I took your comment about piggybacking to be attitude/snark. I probably just misread your intent. 

It's cool that Affinity keeps track of all those account downloads in one place. I was just able to download everything I've downloaded for the last 3 and a half years. I put them in a folder to backup for the future. 

Goes without saying... tensions generally running high all around. I likely let my aggravation get the best of me. Sorry I took it out on you and thanks for the link to the downloads.

Cheers and stay safe

You're welcome. I figured it was largely based in frustration.

Hope you manage to stay safe, too.

-- Walt
PC: