You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing when moving selection

I have the same issue! I have tried it about 7 times. Each time it crashes no matter what I try (quitting, restarting, Shutting Computer down).

Process:
-I use the Elliptical Marquee Tool to make a selection
-I press "Q" (Toggle Edit Selection Edit As Layer)
-I select the Move Tool
-I attempt to use the Move Tool to move the selection, but as soon as I click the selection Affinity Photo immediately closes.
-Upon reopening Affinity Photo, it give a notice that Affinity Photo Unexpectedly Quit

*Please note that when using the Move Tool it will allow me to move the edges of the selection by moving the four points, but as soon as you click on the entire selection to move it at once, it will crash.*

System/Program Versions:
Affinity Photo Version 1.8.3
Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.4

• 3 weeks later...

Just encountered this issue as well.

Interestingly enough - using the Move tool to drag the handles on the selection in Quick Mask mode does not crash - so thankfully I can still resize and rotate the selection.

Also, I can move the selection when NOT in Quick Mask mode by dragging the selection with the Selection tool (in my case Rectangular Marquee Tool).

For me Photo crashed today when I clicked anywhere inside the selection area in between the handles. Moving the handles (with move tool) doesn't lead to a crash indeed thanks for that tip. And after another try I also move it around with arrow keys. My selection was a complex one and i loaded it from a file, if that's relevant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 2:17 AM, atineoSE said:

Actually, I found a workaround. It doesn't crash if moving the selection with the keyboard arrows, but it does if using the mouse. (Tried on macOS version)

This made my day, I was losing my mind

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Having similar issues, I have a jpeg loaded and wish to copy a rectangular selection from it to paste into another document.

Affinity is crashing as I try to marquee the part I wish to copy. This program used to be fairly reliable, it is now approaching unusable.

Version 1.10.4.1198  Windows 10 pro 16G Ram , 2 Terabytes free on drives

• 7 months later...