You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In export mode, you can create slices from layers or with Slice Tool, but you cannot modify their size after they are created using any of the tools. You can, however, double click a layer and it will bring up the transform bounding box, which allows you to scale, rotate and move the layer. This does not seem to be intended behavior as at that point, there is no tool selected from the tool menu.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 10.02.56 AM.png

Interesting. On Windows, with 1.8.3,  I can create slices from the layers, and then the Slices tool still allows me to resize them however I'd like.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

No problem using the slice tool on the new sized slice here on Mac, and by the way, try hitting the Convert to Pie button on the Context Toolbar, then add a large stroke also using the Context Toolbar. The slice resizes. Does the same for a move or resize or reshape too. Pretty cool, I wouldn't have noticed this, not too sure if I'll ever use it though.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Ok, so there are issues, in spite of the success @Old Bruce has had. Yes, when I make a slice using the slice tool, I am able to modify its size. However, if I make a slice by going export persona > layers's tab, selecting a layer and clicking the "create slice" button, you cannot modify that slice afterwards. This is what is different and broken. Also, seeing the donut options means that the circle shape is selected with the select tool from the design persona, which I'm pretty sure is not intended behavior. Btw, each one of the shapes is special and has special modifiers which can be really handy.

Edited by Professional Jason

1 hour ago, Professional Jason said:

selecting a layer and clicking the "create slice" button, you cannot modify that slice afterwards. This is what is different and broken.

When you say modify the slice do you mean resize the slice? I can resize and move the slice, but not the layer/object/elipse. I use the slice tool to do so.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Ok, so I still think Designer has a bit of a problem, but you guys did help me figure out that if your slice is not enabled in the slice tab, meaning it's not set to export when you press the "export slices", for some reason you cannot modify the slice. Furthermore, I really don't think you're supposed to be able to edit the shape or vertices while in export persona. I can't say exactly what was changed in the new version, but something is weird. Thanks for your help!

15 hours ago, Professional Jason said:

Furthermore, I really don't think you're supposed to be able to edit the shape or vertices while in export persona.

Agree, I do not see why I would want to, and I don't do so. Overheard from an exasperated mother to her teenage son "Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it."

I am still confused by what you mean by modify in 

16 hours ago, Professional Jason said:

for some reason you cannot modify the slice.

Ah, clarity. I guess the thinking is that if the slice is unchecked it isn't going to need to be modified. Makes a sort of sense.

• Staff
On 4/4/2020 at 12:20 AM, Professional Jason said:

Ok, so I still think Designer has a bit of a problem, but you guys did help me figure out that if your slice is not enabled in the slice tab, meaning it's not set to export when you press the "export slices", for some reason you cannot modify the slice. Furthermore, I really don't think you're supposed to be able to edit the shape or vertices while in export persona. I can't say exactly what was changed in the new version, but something is weird. Thanks for your help!

Are you able to get a screen recording showing the steps you're taking  on how you're editing the shapes in the Export Persona please? It shouldn't be possible to activate these tools whilst in this persona?

• 3 years later...

I'm having this exact same issue with 1.10.6.1655

I can't change the size of existing slices

I can make new slices

The slices are checked

I can can the size and rotation of graphics even though I'm in Export Persona

This has happened before, it's as if AD gets stuck in a certain mode, restarting does not always help.

3 years later and I'm guessing this will never get fixed now as V1 has will not get any further fixes. 

But what happened after the video was passed on back in 2020? @Sean P