You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just installed the Affinity trio to test for 90 days, and was about to post this also.

The only thing I miss on the Affinity Photo - (Develop Persona is great) is a Library, and also, for example, if I do some changes on the Develop Persona, go to Photo Persona, and then go back to the Develop Persona, I would like to see the changes that I made there, if I want to further continue developing that raw photo from where I left.

I know that this is supposed to be a Camera Raw alternative, but still, I agree with Rog08, it's still what keeps me needing to use Lightroom.

10 hours ago, Rog08 said:

Yeah, Joel! The lack of a library makes a huge difference. 

First off I want both of you to welcome at the forum.

But, with all due respect, I have to say I am a little disappointed by your contributions. Serif has just opened the whole suite of three programms for free use (trial) for three months. They are opening you and anyone else to an enormous amount of features to explore and to learn. And the first thing you do is to make the effort to create an account at the forum and to complain about what is missing. You may want to look around in the forum and try to find out that there are some ways to use an external digital asset management tool (DAM) to work together with Affinity.

You may start in this thread below - currently 10 pages long - where you can vote (if you want) and also find that there is a big demand for such a functionality. It is inevitable that Serif has taken note of this. So the reason that is not here yet is a matter of capacity and not an unintended ommision.

I am looking forward to reading from you some more contributing posts. This will help everyone.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

5 hours ago, dominik said:

First off I want both of you to welcome at the forum.

But, with all due respect, I have to say I am a little disappointed by your contributions. Serif has just opened the whole suite of three programms for free use (trial) for three months. They are opening you and anyone else to an enormous amount of features to explore and to learn. And the first thing you do is to make the effort to create an account at the forum and to complain about what is missing. You may want to look around in the forum and try to find out that there are some ways to use an external digital asset management tool (DAM) to work together with Affinity.

Hi dominik, thank you for your welcoming and the link, will look into it.

And totally understand your point and think you might be right, but I didn't have any bad intentions.

I did search in the forums, and that's why I didn't create a new thread myself, and I did said that so far it's been a great experience, especially with the Develop Persona, and didn't mean to be rude or ungrateful by any means, since I explained my only issues in a constructive way. And yes, I'm gonna buy the three softwares, didn't even know it was with a 50% discount at the moment, I just searched for Adobe alternatives yesterday and tried Affinity. To be honest, I'm even like the Develop Persona more, simpler approach, if I compare it to Lightroom.

And the link you just sent us will be useful thanks, but what I miss the most, and again, is the possibility to go back and fort between Personas and keep the settings there (and I'm not sure if we aren't already able to do that and I didn't find out yet how!).

The library, I could live without it, even if I had to just use the Windows default explorer, no big deal.

13 minutes ago, joel.o.d said:

And totally understand your point and think you might be right, but I didn't have any bad intentions.

Hi @joel.o.d,

I did not see bad intentions from your side just a little lack of appropriateness. Let's get over that :)

13 minutes ago, joel.o.d said:

but what I miss the most, and again, is the possibility to go back and fort between Personas and keep the settings there (and I'm not sure if we aren't already able to do that and I didn't find out yet how!).

No, it's not possible to go back and forth (and readjust the settings). I assume this is something that will come at some point, especially with the Develop Persona, but this is just an assumption. At the moment one has to establish a certain workflow that first finishes the basic settings in one of the Personas and then contiues to finish in the Photo Persona. It is possible, though, to use adjustment layers and live filters and mimic some of the Develop Persona's functionality.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Thanks for the reply and the link. 

On the other hand, with due respect, your contribution would be more positive simply by pointing out available solutions - as you did through the link - and not complaining about the content of this topic. As a buyer and new user of the software, I believe that I am exercising a right here. Or not?

18 minutes ago, Rog08 said:

As a buyer and new user of the software, I believe that I am exercising a right here. Or not?

Hello @Rog08,

without any doubt, yes.

I did read your first post yesterday and decided not to comment just because of that: your right to participate here. We are really equal no matter our post count (except perhaps for the moderators).

Only after the second post I decided to comment with a certain criticism that was hopefully worded in a non offensive manner. And this, also, was the reason for me to provide some further information on the topic for you (both) to start finding your way around in the forum. We all are just guests with Serif here and as these we are invited to wholeheartedly discuss all and everything, positive and negative. But we have to keep in mind that Serif is offering a lot in the first place.

Cheers,
d.