You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.3 after trying to open file --> crash

Affinity Team!

As a developer I understand that sometimes tings can break; And I know that Catalinas changes can drive you crazy.

BUT please test before you ship! At the moment no files can be opened it just crashes! Yesterday I was able at least to use the 1.8.3.2 Beta version but today the Beta needs a product key; but I bought from the App store and there is no beta... So this drives me crazy. If you have such problems it would be better to open communicate this on this support form!

At the moment there is no way to use Affinity designer and this is not excusable

Thanks

Ognian

The newest one from the App store: 1.8.3 on Catalina 10.15.4

In the mean time the Designer even doesn't startup; You see the startup screen and than I'm getting a white rectangle and that's it ... I have to force quit and send a bug report to Apple ...

If I delete the app and reinstall from app store I am only able to get the app ONCE started and when I try to open a file it get's not responding...

Some day's ago 1.8.2 even doesn't come that far ... only the startup screen shows up and then the app was not responding at all -> force quit -> and bug report to Apple...

With the latest updates something is going terrible wrong...

When I downloaded the 1.8.3.2 beta from the forum, I was able to work one day, after that it quitet because it needs a license key, but since I have bought mine from the app store I don't have one and on the app store there is no 1.8.3.2 beta 😞 

Would be nice if you could help

Ognian

• Staff

Please could you try starting Designer with the CTRL key held down then when the Reset Menu appears hit Select All then Clear to see if  this makes the app startup? If it doesn't please could you provide a screen recording demonstrating the problem? Which of the apps is it that crashes when opening a file?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I started the app and hit immediately after this ctrl key; so I got the reset menu as you can see; I selected all an deleted; this time I get the splash screen, BUT what you can NOT see on the recording is that I got not the arrow pointer BUT the color wheel (this is due to the way it is recorded...) I tried to click on anything but it doesn't work, so I stopped the recording... The only thing you can do is selecting quit immediately ....

Only when I delete and reinstall the app I was able to get so far that I could try to open a file

Ognian 

AffinityDesigner.gif

The colour wheel is indicating that you have to wait while the program deletes/clears/resets all the items. Just wait. 

When I do a control reset I just use the top three items that are already checked. I don't think I have ever checked all of them.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Clearing only the first 3 entries is indeed better... But as soon as I try to open some file or sometimes just close the affinity panel -> color spinning weel

Just wait --> is not a solution, I wait minutes not seconds... If someone from Affinity is monitoring this forum or this tread, talk with the developers what they have changed in 1.8.3.2 and get this asap in the app store please!