You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I currently have a publisher file that's ~4.5 GB (so I can't attach here unfortunately). I exported it to PDF 2-3 times over the past few weeks and it worked perfectly, however, when I tried to export an updated copy tonight I keep getting the 'can't export' error. I've tried exporting it to multiple different folders on my computer, and to an external hard drive, but I can't get it to work. Freezes at about 50%. I need to send the file ASAP as part of a publishing proposal. 

Well, bizarrely I just tried it again and it worked.....

Literally didn't do anything new, but it worked this time. Could the large file size be causing issues?

Just for reference,  I'm using 1.8.3 on Windows 8, and the times it didn't work I got the 'can't' export error. Tried exporting to both 'for print' PDF and 'press-ready'.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same, or similar, export error problem with Affinity Publisher. I tried the option noted above to "PDF flatten" and it worked, but the file is huge. The Publisher application file is 1.7mb and the flattened pdf is  293.5mb. This is a lengthy file, but the same error occurs when attempting to export only the first page. It also occurs in other Publisher files. I checked the preflight function and nothing was listed that would interrupt the export. This is creating quite a problem since this book is designed to be distributed free via email.