You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Setting constrains on group kills the app (sometimes)

Changing constrains on group kills the app. Sometimes.

My scenario: I have web design page. I want to page blocks (groups of objects)  keep the size and keep the distance from the top of the page (so I could resize the page).

On some groups, setting this kills the app. If You are nto able to replicate, I might send some files.

• 2 months later...

OK, here is the file Yuu can try: there is only one box on the page left.

Select the box. try to change the constrains. It crash the app.

The bug is related to text frame in the group: when I erase all the text and replace it with filler text, than I can change the group constrains.

constrainsbug.png

test-file.afpub

I get the crash, too, with this .afpub.

I also tried with the text frame ("–> kvalltni") set to invisible, this enabled me to change the constraint settings for the entire group without crash. But as soon I set this text layer back to visible APub crashes.

Then I tried with constraints for the group deselected but assigned them to the layers inside instead, in this case the app did not crash. Perhaps it may be a workaround until this issue becomes fixed?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1