You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets & fill layer problem

16 hours ago, ashf said:

Affinity Photo crashes when a fill layer is added to Assets.
Then there is no way to fix if unless I remove assets.propcol.

I'm not sure I understood you correctly. You want to add an element from the "Assets" of a fill layer?

1. How is that going to work?
  2. What is the point of that?

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey ashf,

I cannot repo this. I insert a Fill Layer > Select it from Layers Panel > Preferences button in Assets Panel > Add from Selection—nothing happens. What am I missing?

Add a live filter to the fill layer, like I said fill layer that has no children can't be added to assets which is ok.
problem happens only when the fill layer has children.

• Staff

Well it looks as though you can add a Fill Layer to Assets, but it is invisible. If you start a new category, add the Fill Layer and right-click at the top-left area, you will see an option to Delete it—so it is there.

It shouldn't crash with a Live Filter Layer though :P 

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

If you start a new category, add the Fill Layer and right-click at the top-left area, you will see an option to Delete it—so it is there.

You can also configure the Assets panel to "Show as List", which will demonstrate that it's there, and make it easier to delete or rename. But it shouldn't be that invisible :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1