You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Solved) Mask on group include fonts in Photo persona

Dear developers,

Please check a mask bug in Photo persona in latest beta:

• create two artistic text layer
  • group these texts
  • add a mask to group
  • use paint brush tool on mask

I used White or Black color, but results same: I've got mask hole, cannot use white color for perfect mask.

I checked this under Affinity Photo, and there is same problem.

image.png.921ce219a6c97247cf9b0e20484211c0.png

Update: this is not bug! Just a user problem: Paint Brush Tool was 0% opacity on white. Sorry!

1 hour ago, mykee said:

I used White or Black color, but results same: I've got mask hole, cannot use white color for perfect mask.

That seems to work for me as expected: Black fades out and white fades in.
As it looks like there is not black but grey in your mask. Could you possibly provide us with the file?

Hmmm.. I don't understand. I created a new file with same parameters, and put all item to new project with clipboard, but in this project masking was worked. Back to original project, and there is not working. Same program, same layers...

I cannot share my project as public, because include copyrighted photos, but this is interesting... Old project was new, made by 1.8.2 version, not older version...

Update: ok, this is not bug! :) Sorry developers! My Paint Brush Tool opacity was 0% when I changed to white. Sorry.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.