You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Polish version of Affinity Publisher

I have a request for a Polish version of Affinity Publisher.

In publications such as flyers, brochures, and catalog, hyphenation and spelling in the language of the publication is a key part of the work. Hence my suggestion to translate Affinity programs to polish in particular Affinity Publisher.

I'm a graphics app trainer. During the affinity training, participants' proposals for translating the program appeared. This would make it easier for many people to work.

In addition, in schools (we have a graphic education program) it would be easier to suggest using Affinity applications (currently schools use Adobe CC). From my point of view (I am an Adobe certified trainer) your applications are easier to use but the language barrier blocks their popularity on the Polish market.

I do not work for Serif.

You could, if you wish, start to produce translations and post them in this thread.

For example the menu bar:

File

Edit

Document

Text

Table

Layer

Select

View

Window

Help

Maybe some other people who are bilingual will help.

Even if Serif does not do it, maybe by forum member action some PDF translation lists could be made available, which, although not the best solution, might be helpful to some people.

Could someone at Serif possibly say please, without prejudice as to whether Serif produces a Polish version, answer the following please?

1. Are text strings in Affinity Publisher Unicode or ASCII? This could be critical as if Unicode strings are used, a Polish version would be much easier than otherwise?

2. If someone has bought a licence for the English version, can they have the French version, or a free trial version of it, on his or her computer at the same time?

3. What language versions are available at present please?

Best regards,

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

20 hours ago, William Overington said:

You could, if you wish, start to produce translations and post them in this thread.

I doubt it would be practical for them to accept translation done in this way. It would probably cost more in time to work through translations posted to a forum than to just pay a professional translator to localize the app.

By the way, the strings for translation probably number in the thousands.