You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New document window appears on another desktop of mac OS 10.15.4 (Catalina)

MarcT

Hi,

If I have the Affinity Publisher application in full screen and I do File > New, the New document window appears on another desktop of mac OS. If I validate the parameters of the new document, I'm not redirected to the Affinity Publisher application... so I remain on a blank desktop.

Mac OS : 10.15.4

Affinity Publisher : 1.8.2

Bye.

Edited by MarcT

Hi Marc,

You appear to be experiencing the same thing I reported not too long ago. The particular point of interest in the comparison of reports is that you are seeing this on Catalina, while I still use Mojave, so you confirm that the problem is not just related to older systems.

You'll be glad to know that this bug has been acknowledged by Serif.

Two small details:

- I just tested under Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.627 (beta version) - mac OS 10.15.4. The problem is still there.

- Note that when I'm in full screen (under Affinity Publisher 1.8.2 or Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.627), it's also impossible to move the New document window to Affinity Publisher. The app never appears in the background when I'm sure it's supposed to be on the workspace in question.

The solution proposed by @Old Bruce is interesting and is undoubtedly a good alternative (because in this case, it's possible to move the New document window to the Affinity Publisher application, in order to have it in the background)... even if the result is not quite the same.

Edited by MarcT

• 2 weeks later...