You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zooom tool minus jumps the document

Hi,

I'm using Publisher for few weeks only, but I'm constantly struggling with one feature. If I press [Space] + [Command] the Zoom tool (+) is temporarily used even if I'm using another tool. If I click the mouse it zooms in on the selected location.

If I add [Alt] to the combination ([Space] + [Command] + [Alt]) the Zoom tool (-) appears. If I click the mouse it zooms out, but the document jumps some amount down. I was searching throughout the preferences, but did not find any related settings.

If I choose the the Zoom tool directly from the tool bar, it behaves correctly both for plus and minus.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Petr

Hi Meb,

Thank you for quick reply. I tried to disable all extra extension I'm using, which may even remotely interfere with shortcuts, but it is still the same.

I've capture my screen showing what is happening with different zooming techniques.

Few notes for the video:

• brand new document (colour bars added to easily see the jumping)
  • if there is only one page, no jumping occurred
  • if I add few pages, the document shifting started (actually it is not only down, but sometimes it shift to side as well – didn't find the pattern in that yet.
  • dragging left and right is zooming correctly
  • using the zoom tool from the toolbar is ok as well

I've also attached the demo file in case you can see something in it.

Thank you for your time.

publisher-zoom.afpub

• 1 month later...

I see this is logged, so this observation may be of no matter.

My observation is - zooming out has a screen centering issue in relation to pages.

Click near bottom of a middle page (one with a page after it) and it jumps to the next page.

I've not been able to reproduce it at the top of the page.

Very disconcerting experience... a WTF! moment.

(I'm just getting  my teeth into the investment of seriously moving away from Adobe Suite.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

UM.. actually the centering issue is big.. I need to observe it more. Perhaps it should be a new thread!

I thought it was centering the screen on the point where you click the maginifier (both + and -) earlier... it's not doing it now....

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

9 minutes ago, ProDesigner said:

(I'm just getting  my teeth into the investment of seriously moving away from Adobe Suite.)

I can only encourage you to do it. This zooming issue is the only annoyance I've found so far. It is annoying, big time, but still I don't regret the change.

To clarify: I've used Adobe until CS5, so my comparison is probably skewed.

3 hours ago, Petr Illek said:

To clarify: I've used Adobe until CS5, so my comparison is probably skewed.

I used Adobe Suite until CS6. Fundamentally disagree with the subscription model. On the grounds that it takes control of upgrades out of the hands of the user... every pro designer I know mutters like hell about the instability they have to deal with on live jobs as a result.

• 5 months later...

Hi @MEB,

Any news on this bug fix? I've moved from Illustrator to Designer, Photoshop to Photo, but this one small but extremely annoying bug is holding me from moving from Indesign to Publisher :D I'm surprised this is not talked about more on the forums. Is this only affecting some people, or are others using different techniques for zooming?

Thanks, and keep up the great work you're doing!