You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Scrollwork on iPad Pro

276ccm

I'm not sure if this work, but I'm trying to add a embed youtube video Edit: No it didn't work, so I added the link instead of a project I'm working on in AD 🙂 Such a great tool.. I try to do most of the work on the iPad.. 

This is a scrollwork design meant for laser engraving for a client.. I'm a hand engraver, but some commission work is good these days 🙂

By the way, is there a way to put the youtube video directly in the post? 🙂

• Staff

@276ccm Thanks for the video, great work!

Youtube links can be embedded, but are somewhat particular. I removed any unnecessary characters from the URL, then pasted this in as plain text into your post, at which point the Forum automatically embeds it. I hope you don't mind that I've manually edited your post to show this :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

No problem :)

1 hour ago, 276ccm said:

May I ask what unnecessary characters you removed?

Your original link had '&feature=youtu.be' after the video URL, this technically isn't required to access the video, and I've seen forum posts previously where the video failed to embed until any of the characters following the '&' symbol were removed.

1 hour ago, 276ccm said:

Can I simply post the youtube link (without adding it as a link)?

Absolutely, simply pasting in the link into the forum post will automatically embed the video, similar to pasting a link to another forum thread :D

b83da2f3c4145f9fe4b968c1cc829933.gif

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Nice video. Thanks for posting. I love scroll work, just sometimes don't have the patience, but I love it.

I was watching and thinking that I'd seen similar scrolling on U.S. Currency when my daughter walked by my office and out it came: "Dad! Counterfeiting lessons, really?"

21 hours ago, Smee Again said:

Nice video. Thanks for posting. I love scroll work, just sometimes don't have the patience, but I love it.

I was watching and thinking that I'd seen similar scrolling on U.S. Currency when my daughter walked by my office and out it came: "Dad! Counterfeiting lessons, really?"

Hehe 🙂 I´m glad you enjoyed it.. I love doing it, but yes it takes a lot of time and work.. 🙂

16 hours ago, Wosven said:

Yes, really nice work and video.

What is this soundrack? There're sounds so high it's painfull to hear, most are at the begining.

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Well, the music is mine.. I had a record deal in USA many years ago, and this is one of my demos (probably 16 - 17 years ago I did it).. I used it so I wouldn't have any legal issues with youtube 🙂 It´s the first time I hear it sounds painful, but we are all different, and that's ok 🙂

5 hours ago, 276ccm said:

it sounds painful, but we are all different,

Yes, I tend tohear some high sounds…  A baby's cry made my ears ache for long when nobody around seems to be annoyed, but I've got difficulties hearing the deep voices of some friends if there's a lot of sound around like in a busy restaurant. I was wondering if there were some tests to check this, or if speakers were able to reproduce high sounds. Now I've part of the answer :)

The melody is nice, even if it seems for me made partly swiping fingers around a glass!

And if you've got other videos, please post them, it's interesting to watch and kind of soothing looking you drawing perfect lines so easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys! 🙂 I´m a little busy these days, but I hope very soon I´ll be able to make some more videos.. I'm working on some projects, but I can't really show them yet due to the clients, but when it's done I´ll be able to post some videos of it.. I also have a watch engraving I'm designing and I'm trying to document it, just need some time to put it together 🙂 

Stay tuned and thanks again! 🙂