You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export PDF as separate pages

• 4 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 6:29 PM, ymugmike said:

Until Serif include this requirement in to their Publisher program, Mac users may find this work round worth installing -

http://www.documentsnap.com/how-to-split-pdf-documents-into-single-pages-using-mac-osx/

The zip file is at the end.

Works very well.

THANKS A HELL OF A LOT for sharing this :)

Ill also dance a little when it gets implemented into publisher, but thats for sure a quite nice way to go !

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, RGBear said:

Hello, to export PDF in separated pages use the "Export Persona" in Affinity Designer.

However, this is not applicable for exporting pages.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

3 hours ago, ymugmike said:

Please provide more details on which settings to use in the Designer Persona that will enable separate PDF pages to be saved from a multipage document.

1 - Export the PDF with Publisher.

2 - Open the generated PDF with Designer (every page becomes an artboard)

3 - Go to "Export Persona"

4 - Select all the pages

5 - Set the preset to PDF (choose the one you need for printing o web)

6 - Export Slices

9 minutes ago, RGBear said:

Open the generated PDF with Designer (every page becomes an artboard)

Amazing workaround!

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I am trialling Affinity Publisher and was about to purchase after having a brilliant experience putting a 200-page document together. Easy, intuitive, a joy to use and then ... unable to export facing spreads as single pages. This lack of functionality is a deal breaker for me. In case people wonder why, among many reasons (e.g. printers often requiring this), it is also a requirement of Amazon KPD for self-publishing authors. I would have thought the latter is a major market for this app, but without being able to easily match the main market's requirements, this is a serious flaw. Very sad as I feel I will have to continue my search for an InDesign alternative.

4 hours ago, TreeAngel said:

unable to export facing spreads as single pages.

You should have an option in the. Export dialog. It will default to All Spreads, but you can change that to All Pages. 

(Note: That is not what this topic is about. This topic is about getting individual PDF files, one per page. But I think you simply want the All Pages option that is already there.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, ymugmike said:

We really need the easy option built in to Affinity Publisher to export as individual pages. Already in Quark Xpress.

I don't disagree. But I was responding to @TreeAngel who, I believe, just needs the option that's already present.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

As has been said elsewhere, it really is puzzling why the default is All Spreads, rather than All Pages, with no way to permanently change it! 🙁

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Hi MEB and PaulEC,

Just tried the settings and it worked. Not sure what I have been doing wrong before, although I have been using the 'fix' for some time and Affinity have released updates since then.

It does not appear to default to the last settings, so need to change to All Pages every time. Is there a setting to keep this?

Also, as I export in greyscale, from opening a new template and filling with information ready for printing, while the screen images are all greyscale, I always have to remember to select <More><Convert image colour spaces>. Is there a setting to keep these?

Thanks

Yes, yes, yes - that's exactly it. Apologies to the brilliant developers at Affinity. The feature is there already, but the default is spreads. Simply select page rather than spread in the output dialogue. It seems that this thread was outdated as there is not even a fix required - perhaps better help or a more obvious choice for users. Any, thanks for the help all.

20 minutes ago, ymugmike said:

Is there a setting to keep this?

No.

21 minutes ago, ymugmike said:

Also, as I export in greyscale, from opening a new template and filling with information ready for printing, while the screen images are all greyscale, I always have to remember to select <More><Convert image colour spaces>. Is there a setting to keep these?

Create your own Export Preset. You'll find a Manage Presets option under More....

-- Walt
PC:

1 hour ago, ymugmike said:

but the default export under <Area:> is still 'All Spreads' rather having the option to keep 'All Pages' (ie the last used setting).

Right. That's why I answered "no" to that question :)

-- Walt
PC:

I'm sure it depends on what you are doing, but in many years of producing various types of PDFs, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have wanted to have two page spreads in a PDF! The only usage case I can think of would be for a few eBooks (eg, ones with an image spanning the spread.).

I'd really like to know the logic behind this setting and why Serif consider all spreads to be more useful (?) or needed more often (?) than all pages output. FWIW, I've dealt with a number of pro printers over the years and none of them have ever wanted me to supply two page spreads (or, come to that, all the pages as single files nor as imposed pages!). They invariably want the PDF "as is" and they look after the layout for printing.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I too would like to see the ability to have Pages not Spreads be a sticky setting or have it saved in a Preset.

I will use the PDF reader's ability to stitch two pages into one spread on the occasions that I want to view the spread. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 month later...

Going back to this thread's topic - that is exporting each page to a separate PDF - I understand this is a feature request (but please let me know if it is currently possible).

I have used the data merge option to create an 80-page document with individual customised certificates. I would now like to export each page to a separate PDF file, ideally using one of my data merge fields as the filename. I think it would make sense for this to be part of the data merge manager.

34 minutes ago, DanB said:

I have used the data merge option to create an 80-page document with individual customised certificates. I would now like to export each page to a separate PDF file, ideally using one of my data merge fields as the filename. I think it would make sense for this to be part of the data merge manager.

The closest you can come in the Affinity suite, I think, is:

1. Export to PDF in Publisher.

2. Open the PDF in Designer, where each page will become an Artboard.

3. Use the Export Persona to export each Artboard as a PDF file.

-- Walt
PC: