You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export PDF as separate pages

Export, set Current Page, switch to next page, export,....

Or external pdf editor.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff

Hi PF_inf, 

Welcome to the forums :)

As Psenda has mentioned, there's unfortunately no automatic way of producing this in Affinity Publisher, so I'll move your post to the feedback section of our forums now for our devs to see and consider!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

2 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi PF_inf, 

Welcome to the forums :)

As Psenda has mentioned, there's unfortunately no automatic way of producing this in Affinity Publisher, so I'll move your post to the feedback section of our forums now for our devs to see and consider!

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Or external pdf editor.

As we all know there are many PDF editors. For this particular case (splitting a multi page document in single files) there is a little utility that does this very good:

https://portableapps.com/apps/office/pdftk_builder_portable

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 hours ago, dominik said:

As we all know there are many PDF editors. For this particular case (splitting a multi page document in single files) there is a little utility that does this very good:

https://portableapps.com/apps/office/pdftk_builder_portable

d.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, wonderings said:

As others have said it is not a feature in Publisher at the moment like it is in Indesign. One of those little things you don't think of but is really helpful.

Our of curiosity, why do you need them as single page PDF's?

There is that option in Quarkxpress too.

The printer shop i work with ask for separate PDF files (with specific file names) when we upload the files via FTP.

Edited by PF_inf

14 minutes ago, PF_inf said:

Thanks!

There is that option in Quarkxpress too.

The printer shop i work with ask for separate PDF files (with specific file names) when we upload the files via FTP.

Is each page like a different flyer or ad or are they wanting separate pages for each page of the newspaper? 

Just now, wonderings said:

Is each page like a different flyer or ad or are they wanting separate pages for each page of the newspaper? 

Separate pages for each page of the newspaper. 

I can do it by hand... but the other way is better :)

49 minutes ago, PF_inf said:

Separate pages for each page of the newspaper. 

I can do it by hand... but the other way is better :)

No idea why they would want it that way, seems pretty antiquated. I guess you can be happy they do not want the files in EPS format. Used to get files that way ages ago, single page EPS for a 32 page magazine. 

• 7 months later...

I'd love to see this option in Publisher. 

My way of work at the moment is this: I create one file which contains many version of the same flyer, for example. Say there is a brand group and 8 sub-brands. It is much easier to create all the flyers within the same file so I can easily copy elements from one page to another. Making 8 different files doesn't make sense to me.

So, when finished I obviously need to export separate flyer for each brand. Now I have to manually select page and export as current page, or select the number of the page I need and then export. 

Let's hope they'll add it very soon. For 1.9 update it would be the best. 😁

And what to use ADesigner and Export Persona?

Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

10 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

And what to use ADesigner and Export Persona?

If I'm not mistaken, AD cannot open multi-page afpub files. At least I don't know why.

And it would be a hassle anyway - creating something in Publisher, than save it, go to Finder, open it with Designer and only then export.

Makes more sense to be built into the Publisher itself, I think.

13 minutes ago, haakoo said:

but you can only see one at a time(navigator on bottom left)

Which unfortunately makes it impossible to export multiple pages at once. But even so, variant export to several files can be more convenient (before Serif adds the required function to its applications).

9 minutes ago, brunoczech said:

That's all.

The forum is full of similar "That's all" requests, which have been waiting for several years.

It is to show that this will not be so easy with "Thats all" - what will the individual files be named? Should it be automatically saved in the selected directory, and something added to each file (some page index)? What should the page index look like? For example "filename_page"? What if someone wants another format, for example "filename_PageX", "filename#page", "filenameX", .... How will the required output format be defined? What if users want to export individual files/pages to different directories? ....

2 hours ago, Pšenda said:

The forum is full of similar "That's all" requests, which have been waiting for several years.

It is to show that this will not be so easy with "Thats all" - what will the individual files be named? Should it be automatically saved in the selected directory, and something added to each file (some page index)? What should the page index look like? For example "filename_page"? What if someone wants another format, for example "filename_PageX", "filename#page", "filenameX", .... How will the required output format be defined? What if users want to export individual files/pages to different directories? ....

Well, if I export multi-page file to JPEGs or PNGs, they are named correctly - filename_number. During export you it gives you options to name your file. So only the number would be added. I don't see this as a major problem.

So if this can be exported properly, separate PDFs should be too. InDesign has this option during export, see the screenshot.

Export individual files to different directories is impossible I guess. ;)

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 14.22.32.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 4:04 AM, brunoczech said:

And it would be a hassle anyway - creating something in Publisher, than save it, go to Finder, open it with Designer and only then export.

I'm a few days late to the discussion (I was out all last week), but here is a little tip in case you know it. For such an operation, you can cut the Finder out of it. All you have to is go to File->Edit in Designer right from within Publisher. You don't even need to save first.

I think that we don't even need Export Persona in Publisher. What can this Persona actually do that the Export window can't besides Slices?

I always use Export command in Publisher - see the screenshot above - and then I use either default presets or the ones I've set up myself.

The only extra command needed here is 'Create Separate PDF Files' as in InDesign.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, brunoczech said:

All I need is the option within the export window: Export As Separate Pages. That's all.

Serif, please!

🙏

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 11.50.59.png

I totally agree. As a Mac user, some of the other suggestions are not valid. Coming across from QuarkXpress it is unrealistic not to have this option. My publishing house requires it. I thought that I was making things easier moving to Affinity Publisher, but this last hurdle has wasted a lot of time.