You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does anyone know how to replicate the Recolour Adjustment by using other things?

I have some images on which I have used the Recolour Adjustment and they look lovely.
However, I want to use the same ‘enhancement’ on images on multiple pages and that adjustment can’t use a global colour so, if I change my colour scheme (e.g. blue to red), I have to change the adjustments in multiple places (actually multiple master pages).

What I would like is some way of using a global colour to make the same colour enhancements on multiple pages at the same time.
I’ve been able to get something close-ish by using two adjustments and a coloured rectangle with an Overlay Blend Mode (see attached image) but I can’t seem to get a result anywhere near as nice as the Recolour Adjustment. For example, on the right-hand side of my attached image – my attempt at replication – the light bits are sometimes too bright (trees at top right of top image, faces and tables in bottom image) and the darks don’t look right either (grass at right of top image).

Does anyone have any ideas about what else I can try?
I’ve attached the AFPUB document if anyone wants to dabble with some experiments.

Annotation 2020-04-01 144411.png

recolour-alternative.afpub

Is the attached close enough for you?

recolour-alternative2.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

carl123: No not really but it is closer, so thanks. The images still look a bit too ‘flat’ to me somehow. I’ve managed to get a bit nearer by using a slightly different colour, your Colour Blend Mode and a Vibrance Adjustment (50% Saturation) so a bit more experimentation is necessary. (One caveat to this is that none of my set-up is properly calibrated/managed so I’m probably not seeing what I’m supposed to be seeing anyway.)

Aammppaa: I never even thought about using the Adjustment as a Symbol. That could be a great option so I’ll try that and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Annotation 2020-04-02 093552.png

On 4/1/2020 at 2:54 PM, GarryP said:

I have some images on which I have used the Recolour Adjustment and they look lovely.
However, I want to use the same ‘enhancement’ on images on multiple pages and that adjustment can’t use a global colour so, if I change my colour scheme (e.g. blue to red), I have to change the adjustments in multiple places (actually multiple master pages).

What I would like is some way of using a global colour to make the same colour enhancements on multiple pages at the same time.
I’ve been able to get something close-ish by using two adjustments and a coloured rectangle with an Overlay Blend Mode (see attached image) but I can’t seem to get a result anywhere near as nice as the Recolour Adjustment. For example, on the right-hand side of my attached image – my attempt at replication – the light bits are sometimes too bright (trees at top right of top image, faces and tables in bottom image) and the darks don’t look right either (grass at right of top image).

Does anyone have any ideas about what else I can try?
I’ve attached the AFPUB document if anyone wants to dabble with some experiments.

Annotation 2020-04-01 144411.png

recolour-alternative.afpub 1.21 MB · 7 downloads

If you apply a fill colour to an Image object, then the Image is non-destructively recoloured. Use a Global Colour and apply it to all the Image objects, and then instantly recolour them differently at anytime by editing the Global Colour.

fill_Images_with_Global_Colour.thumb.png.c377134bc32e206d8c68e23adbe67c6a.png