You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Staying Human and Giving Back

Hello, with all that has been going on in the world these days things could be very bleak and harsh. Instead there are companies, and neighbors, and friends, family and strangers all giving back. All helping out. All making it possible for this to be as least traumatic and disruptive as possible. A reboot if you will - families spending more times with their kids. People outside exercising more. Spending time at home, instead of the bars. Doing all the things our hectic gadget filled lives prevent us from doing normally. It's a reboot for us humans. And in that you have participated in an amazing way. To allow free usage of your software, the whole suite, is amazing enough, but letting us try it for 90 days is a lot! And it appears giving the whole staff time off the be with family and not get ill. Great job! I love when people and companies practice what they preach. 

I had just recently decided it was time to embark on my awakening. Going through a divorce, after a 25 yr marriage became violently abusive. Raised two children. Have always worked, sometimes two jobs, to make sure we all had what we needed. And during that quarter of a century I put aside everything that was my passion, everything that I enjoyed just because, and I put all my effort and energy into my kids. They are grown and urge me all the time to follow my dreams. So I am doing that and exploring my art and all the new mediums available. Thank you for allowing me to sample yours! 

• Staff

@amyraley

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) , and what a lovely first post, thank you. Your comments are very much appreciated.

The #WeWantToHelp initiative is going well, for us and our users it seems. It has led to an influx of new 90 day trial users, and it may be just what they need to get them through these months, while their normal hardware and software licenses are not available. The next bit of this initiative to commission 100 creative professionals should be announced very soon indeed.

Regarding company practices, seeing how it was handled I feel very fortunate. I would say that the MD has been very proactive at making sure we know he cares more for the people in the company than anything else, as a long time member of staff it is very touching that our health and well being have been put first and foremost. We are all working from home, so "time with the family" is a nice consequence, yes.

You have clearly taught your children well in terms of what is important, if they are being so encouraging towards you exploring your dreams now. I hope that you find our software assists you in pursuing whatever you choose.

I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.

- Audre Lorde

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon