You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

”Safe” to buy from affinity store?

Hello.

Going through the forum, I seem to stumble upon posts with customers who have made purchase through the affinity store. And never got their keys. And it seems to be somewhat of a problem. What’s up with that? Should I be worried, and maybe try my luck buying from the Apple store?

3 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Where did you read that?
Most I saw was about people buying from mac or win store having no keys because those stores don't use keys but have it attached to your win/mac account.

I did read in this section of the forum. People posting receipts of their purchase.

• Staff

We do sometimes find people get in touch having not received the email with the product key having bought directly from us. This is either because they have mistyped their email address or because the email has been diverted to a spam folder they have not checked. If you place an order with us your product keys are always stored within the 'downloads and product keys' section of your Affinity Store account. This allows you to recover your keys and downloads without needing the email. You can also email affinity@serif.com and we will be happy to help you find any keys or downloads.

2 hours ago, SFurniss said:

This is either because they have mistyped their email address or because the email has been diverted to a spam folder they have not checked.

Another possibility, for gmail users, is that the email has ended up in the Promotions tab of their gmail Inbox, rather than in the Primary tab.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1