You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF-Export Voreinstellung "Alle Layoutseiten"

Wir sind eine GemeindebriefDruckerei und haben bereits viele Kunden, die mit Affinity Publisher arbeiten. Dabei tritt immer wieder die Frage auf, warum Afinity Doppelseiten im PDF ausgibt.
Das Problem ist, dass in Affinity beim PDF-Export das Ausgeben von "Layoutseiten" (1) voreingestellt ist. Niemand kommt auf die Idee, dass mit "Layoutseiten" das Ausgeben von Doppelseiten gemeint ist.
Man sollte den Begriff ändern auf "Druckbogen" (oder ähnliches) oder die Voreinstellung ändern, sodass Affinity standardmäßig "Seiten" (2) exportiert. Das wäre eine riesige Hilfe und würde viele Fragen ersparen.

affpub_einstellung_einzelseiten.png.549b50f638560f5442563d549caeb7e3.png

Sehe ich ähnlich. Alle Layoutseiten ist Alle Seiten einfach zu ähnlich. In Indesign ist von Druckbögen die Rede. Allerdings gibt es Alle Layoutseiten auch nur bei Dokumenten mit gegenüberliegenden Seiten. Aber auch ich fände es sinnvoll, wenn Alle Seiten voreingestellt wäre oder zumindest sich dies als Preset sichern lassen könnte (was nicht geht).

I second this. Alle Layoutseiten is too similar to Alle Seiten. In Indesign Layoutseiten are called Druckbögen. On the other hand exporting spreads is only available with facing pages. I would like to see also Alle Seiten preselected on the export dialogue. Something which can't be saved into presets.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

In English, the terms are "All Spreads" and "All Pages", which are significantly different (though still confusing to some users).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Dieses Problem wurde schon mehrmals thematisiert, während div. Beta Phasen und in speziellen Lokalisierungs-Threads, die Übersetzungsfehler sammelten. Inzwischen, für die aktuellen Programmversionen, gibt es solche Threads nicht mehr.

Vermutlich ist das Thema jetzt im "Feedback..."-Forum vergebliche Liebesmüh und muss nochmal ausdrücklich in "Bugs" gepostet sein, um von den Moderatoren/Entwicklern wahrgenommen zu werden. @123, könntest du deinen ersten Beitrag deshalb kopieren und als neuen in "Bugs" anlegen? Danke!
Mühsam nähert sich das Eichhörnchen ... ;)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

Mühsam nähert sich das Eichhörnchen ... ;)

Heißt es nicht "mühsam ernährt sich das Eichhörnchen"?

Ich glaube, wir haben im Moment alle zu viel Zeit um solche Fragen zu stellen ... myself incluced 😮

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Christian5 said:

Es sollte eine Möglichkeiten geben, den Standard zu ändern,

Das einfachste wäre, wenn nicht nur einige sondern alle zuletzt gemachten Einstellung erhalten blieben + beim nächsten Öffnen des Export-Fensters (bzw. Drucken-) wieder vorhanden wären.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not like this feature was never asked for or the default option is causing problems, but it seems Affinity won't modify this setting, when stats show that we export to all pages 99% of the time (spread is only for specific small pages, when needing easy to read copy-editing/checking, and to avoid using a lot of paper when printing, since most PDF readers are able to display facing pages, or print different pages on a page: this setting is less and less usefull with time, and shoudln't be the default one):

4 hours ago, Wosven said:

It's not like this feature was never asked for or the default option is causing problems, but it seems Affinity won't modify this setting,

Sadly, it appears to be one of those bugs which get nudged from time to time but never touched. In my eyes it would not need to argue with any % of use, it is simply weird that the app still requires such a setting task repeatedly again and again which could be stored without harm for any user just automatically even if one would be using it only on 10 % of the days of a year.

Here's one more …

… which finally got moved to the Feature Requests when it was asking for more convenience than the one confirmed before:

1529446748_Export_Areaselectionlostwitheverynewexport-movedtoFeedbackForum.jpg.e0eb1bd15f72da2b337c5aafd653dad0.jpg

• 5 months later...

RE:  PDF-Export for Printing House:

I finally managed to get a 40 Page Hardcover 11x8.5 inch Photobook printed by a large German Printing House (Friedmann Print). Usually they only accept PDFs exported by Adobe Indesign. After some experimentation, I  had Affinity Publisher export  the project as single pages  (they would not accept spreads).  But I also had to rework my

Affinity exported PDF with the Adobe Acrobat Pro Preflight Option (fortunately I still had an old version of Adobe Acrobat Pro 9), where I could analyze it and have it

conform to PDF/X4 and the proper Output Intent (Fogra39).  I don't know if it is possible to get the same output with only Affinity options (which ones?). Is there

a preflight option similar to Adobe Acrobat Pro?  At the printing house (Photographerbook.de / Friedmann Print) I was probably the first costumer to upload a

PDF created not with Indesign (which seems to be a deeply rooted standard).

I would suggest some more tutorials and help files for Print Production (even though print house requirements differ).  

2 hours ago, regix said:

conform to PDF/X4 and the proper Output Intent (Fogra39).

You should be able to set up an export with those. Choose the PDF/X4 preset and then click on the more button then go to Profile and choose Fogra39 from the list.

Also you should be able to set up a document with that profile Fogra39 from the start.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 hours ago, regix said:

I would suggest some more tutorials and help files for Print Production (even though print house requirements differ).  

@Old Bruce, @regix posted here in the Feature Requests & Suggestions forum. I suppose the questions were rather rhetorical (and actually answered) and the described workflow experience was an intro only to the suggestion which was set in bold below the story.

@regix, instead of posting a suggestion at the end of any similar thread, it may be more useful (for your topic) and less confusing (for others) to open a new topic or use an existing topic with an identical suggestion. Whereas "tutorials for print production" might be not a goal of Serif and the Affinity layout apps but rather a matter of general PDF knowledge, zB die (deutschsprachige) Website https://www.pdfx-ready.ch/leitfaden/