You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

On the startup welcome window for my Affinity for Mac there is a page for Free Channels Macros from James Ritson. When I selected this page and entered the logon for Affinity my password isn't working. It does work here on the Affinity Forum. The Affinity Store doesn't work and asks for a Password reset. I tried that and the reset email is not being sent. Any ideas? 

Thank you,

Curt

The Affinity Forum (this website) and the Affinity Store use two different non-linked accounts (as far as I know).
If you have not bought the software from Serif direct – you got it from an App Store instead – then it is likely that you don’t have an Affinity Store login. If this is the case then you will probably need to create one.
(If you don’t have an Affinity Store login then that website has nowhere to send the email to.)

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

If you have not bought the software from Serif direct – you got it from an App Store instead – then it is likely that you don’t have an Affinity Store login. If this is the case then you will probably need to create one.

Right.

When a user clicks on the Welcome Screen offer for some of the free content, they get to a screen that has two tabs: New to Affinity, and Existing Customer. If they have never purchased anything directly from Serif, they need to use the New to Affinity tab to create their Affnity Store account.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I have bought software from Serif directly, the login screen knows my email address but doesn't accept my password. When I use the reset password option it says that an email will be sent and to follow the instructions. No email was sent, I tried several times. I checked by sending an email from my iPhone to my Macbook Pro and it worked as usual, I'm getting all my mail as usual too. I also tried the new user option but that didn't work either. I am assuming there is a glitch on that site. the Serif Site. I am able to sign into the Forums site here with no problem at all. 

I was going to buy the iPad version but I can't log on to the site. I guess I'll wait and see if it comes back, I realize everyone at Serif is working at home now. I hope for the best in this difficult time. 

Edited by Curt
Buying direct

10 hours ago, Curt said:

I have bought software from Serif directly, the login screen knows my email address but doesn't accept my password.

The Affinity Store does not automatically know your email address but you may have allowed your Mac's browser to save one or more email addresses & their associated passwords for web sites related to Serif. If you open the Keychain Access app on your Mac & type "Serif" (without the quotes) in the search filed at the top of its window, it should list them all. If you do not see any entries beginning with "store.serif.com" then you do not have any email address/password combinations saved for the Affinity Store.

Note that if you now use an email address different from the one you used at the Affinity Store to purchase a Mac Affinity app, the one you used to buy it is the one the Store will accept, along with the password associated with that, & that as already been mentioned, the forum & store are completely independent of each other so you probably have a different password for each of them.

10 hours ago, Curt said:

I was going to buy the iPad version but I can't log on to the site.

The iPad versions of Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo are only available for purchase from the App Store app on your iPad. They cannot be bought from the Affinity Store.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

7 hours ago, Curt said:

I have bought software from Serif directly, the login screen knows my email address but doesn't accept my password.

Note: The Store and these forums use a different authentication system, and you might have a different email address and/or password for the Store than you have for the forums.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1