You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Displace Filter Blend Options not worknig

scdbs

I’m following along with the tutorial about the Displace filter and I’m not getting the functionality that it shows in the video.

When I get to 1:45 the blend option does nothing. I’ve re-created the example exactly to no success.

Any suggestions?

I'm on a Mac BTW

10 hours ago, scdbs said:

Apparently it works with the regular filter. Just not the live filter layer version.

It's working for me with a mask-nested live filter in a Pixel object. Still seems to be a problem with nesting in a vector object instead of a pixel object, though, but I need to go now and can't test further until this afternoon. Rasterise the Image object to a Pixel object and then mask-nest a Live Displacement Filter in it.

Edited by anon2

Why did you change the nesting from nest-masking to clip-masking?

In the current beta, after rasterising the Image object, add the mask-nested live filter and do not shift it to the clip-nested position.

Edited by anon2

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I´m very new on the forum and also very recently using Affinity products.

Searching around this forum this is the only post with a description of a problem I have trying to use the displace filter. I have also noticed on other web pages people that are apparently experiencing my same problem.

The filter is not working for me as explained in Affinity tutorials. I´m using Affinity Photo 1.9 on Windows 10. I appreciate any help and comments.

Thanks, Roger

• 5 months later...