You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all

Is there (in Publisher) an easy way to move easily some paragraphs, particularly with lists ?

For example I have this list :

1. apples
  2. pears
  3. cherrys

and I want to get

1. apples
  2. cherrys
  3. pears

Indeed lists can be larger.

Of course I can select each paragraph with mouse then move them, but it is rather tedious to select a paragraph then move it exactly at the beginning of another paragraph.

I'd want keyboard shortcut to do that.

More : if I have lists with several levels, it would be better to move by one key one item and its sub-items.

What do you think ?

Thank you Lagarto

But I don't want sort lines, but move them in any order (sorry, my exemple was not clear).. And copy/pasting towards or from Word/LibreOffice loses attributes. Even bullets are lost so, all the more reason, hierarchy is no more respected.

I believe that there is no good trick for my wish. Inside Publisher there is no way, and outside result is not good.

Good work, Lagarto. But I want just a shortcut key (or an icon tool) to move a numbered paragraph up or down, including sub-items.

Libreoffice has a tool to do that as soon as you are in a hierarchical or bulleted paragraph, MsWord also perhaps but I have not checked it.

1 hour ago, jjk said:

But I want just a shortcut key (or an icon tool) to move a numbered paragraph up or down, including sub-items.

inDesign doesn't have a shortcut for that either but because it has scripting support  it has been scripted by Peter Kahrel and is available as a free script for those who want this.

My point then is that if/when we get scripting in Publisher a lot of things like that will be sorted out fairly easily.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

14 hours ago, Lagarto said:

I could not find a way to do this in OfficeLibre, though, does it require a specific tool or command?

No, not specific tool. As soon as you are in a bulleted list or a numbered title, LibreOffice displays a toolbar with all tools to move up/down the current item, with or without subitems.

Check a list having paragraph style=bullet 1, or some titles having paragraph style=Title 1|2|... For titles, you have also to apply numbering of titles.