You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen pressure with xp-pen tablet not working

I know this issue was brought up in other forums in the past, but it is still an issue it seems

I tried the pen pressure with the XP-PEN  DECO-03 and the DECO Pro (same driver) and I tried it with Windows ink enabled in both Affinity and the driver and I tried it disabled in both without any difference. Same result, which is nothing.

This is the same for 18.2 and 18.3 Beta and Affinity Designer 1.8

I use Windows 10 and since the pen pressure works fine in other programs such as Corel Painter, the windows settings seem ok.

Am I missing something?

• Staff

Hi @rudyumans

I've not got a Deco-03, but I have the Artist. I've not had any issues with pressure. Just to double check, I've installed it on a fresh windows copy and worked fine with all the default settings. 

Have you got a different Windows machine so you can test it there?

31 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Hi @rudyumans

I've not got a Deco-03, but I have the Artist. I've not had any issues with pressure. Just to double check, I've installed it on a fresh windows copy and worked fine with all the default settings. 

Have you got a different Windows machine so you can test it there?

Hi @Gabe

Thank you for your reply, but the Artist is a display tablet. The Deco's are not. Different drivers.

It worked fine in Affinity 1.7. and, as said, it works fine in other programs with the same windows. I only have one computer. If I follow the process of elimination, the problem has to be Affinity 1.8 related. That's why I posted it here in the bug thread even though the same problem came up in other threads recently.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/111371-pressure-sensitivity-not-working-with-182/&tab=comments#comment-602356

• Staff

Try this please. Create a new user, and only have the tablet and Affinity installed. See if that's fine.

1.7 used WinTab for pressure and required Windows Ink OFF, whereas 1.8 uses Windows INK, it requires Windows INK on. Perhaps somewhere in the drivers this is still off?

HI @Gabe

I don't understand "new user". New Windows user? I don't know how to do that and if that's what you mean, I would be reluctant to do that. The problem seems to be more common than just on my computer.

I tried both ways window ink on and off both in the XP-Pen driver and 1.8. Either way makes no difference

Something I forgot to mention and might be related. When I use the tablet, the regular mouse no longer works in 1.7. Can't click on any tools etc. and still does not work after I unplug the tablet. 1.8 freezes up and I have to restart the program.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've only just got a Deco 3 and i've got no pressure issues. To have pressure, you need to have both Windows ink (Xp Pen preferences and Affinity > Preferences > tools) ON or OFF. Any combination (One OFF and one ON) will not work

On 5/1/2020 at 2:17 PM, AnaliseThis said:

I had the same problem with a Deco 3, but solved it by turning off Windows Ink in Designer preferences.  All worked well after that.

I actually did the same thing 2 days back but didn't work on my deco pro. Problem is that with "Windows ink" setting on on the xp-pen driver settings, the tablet stylus wouldn't work. so it was frustrating since a week that pressure behaved weird and didn't give proper result. Tried the same same "turning off Windows Ink in Designer preferences" now and it somehow worked!!

I can't thank you enough. Working fine in brush and pen tool.

Edited by madhousenetwork

On 5/1/2020 at 4:47 AM, AnaliseThis said:

I had the same problem with a Deco 3, but solved it by turning off Windows Ink in Designer preferences.  All worked well after that.

image.png.c3f876150e0de4ce04af2e41ce88b77f.png

Just a quick thanks for this! Was searching for reason why my tablet wasn't working correctly on the latest Affinity update and this fixed it for me.

cheers!

• 4 weeks later...