You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error exporting file as PDF

When I try to export my Publisher file to a PDF for review by a client I get an error message on my MB pro, exporting the same file from my iMac from 2011 works fine though.

I have tried several ways to adjust settings, saving to a different location and such but no luck yet. I use my MB on several locations and am not always able to save it form my iMac, so it would be great if I can get this to work from my MacBook.

All files are linked properly, and I export the exact same file from a Dropbox location.

System running on my Mac Book is 10.15.3

System running on my iMac (not sure since I am not in my home office) is mountain lion, version I would have to look up later.

Hello,
I have been working with Affinity publisher for a week. And i tried to export to pdf (print versión) and  it promps an window that says "cannot export to pdf"  I exported as a web versión without any problem. 
But i Need it as a print version.
I cannot export my pdf document! 
¿Could anybody help me please? 

Captura de pantalla 2020-03-31 a la(s) 16.59.56.png

Edited by Anamaria

Hi Anamaria,

Welcome to the Affinity forums!

Possibly Affinity feels a font issue. Unfortunately Postscript fonts are known to cause this unspecific message in Affinity.

To detect if a font is involved try either/or:

1. in "Export..." > "More" choose "Text as Curves".
1071725226_exportTextasCurves.jpg.1b8c187e971630a76171c199a66b5c4b.jpg

2. convert all text to curves before "Export...".
3. use different fonts.

Next time don't be afraid to start a new thread with your concern. It makes it easier in future ...
p.s.: there is no such thing in Affinity like an export as "web version". This can be various file formats and export settings.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1