You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Forum

Affinity Forum fails to make a read thread closed, during open session.  If I click unread, read post and return to read next post, the old read post is still available.  I don’t know if this is intended, a bug or due to Apple’s recent updates.  Sorry if I posted question in wrong place.  Best fit for problem.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

1 hour ago, Cecil said:

If I click unread, read post and return to read next post

If you click Unread, then when you select a topic to read from the list, you have two choices:

1. Click on the topic title, and you go to the first post in the topic.
  2. Click on the icon just to the left of the title, and you'll go to the first post you haven't read, and can read the topic posts from there. (That icon will be a bullet if you haven't posted in the topic, or a star if you have posted in it.)

For either choice, if you stop reading before getting to the last post in the topic (e.g, if the topic is on 2 pages and you only read page 1) then page 2 will still be in the unread posts list when you go back to it.

Does that help, at all?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@walt.farrell I understand the process and when I Log in, click unread, the post I have subscribed to 1) I read the first post, return to page < for unread post or 2) if there are multiply post or pages on first post I go to the last post, as I already read the older ones in thread.  The problem or just may be as intended now, when I go back to unread post, the post I just read is still showing.  As I recall, it use to not show, only the next unread post for that session.  

The main problem if there are 20 post since my last session and I read 10, click on 11, return to unread < at top, I back to the top of page and have to scroll down to see the 12th unread post. Thank you.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

I think I'm probably using "unread" differently than you do. I look at all unread topics, but it sounds like you're asking only for unread ones that you're subscribed to, which may work differently.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

30 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I think I'm probably using "unread" differently than you do. I look at all unread topics, but it sounds like you're asking only for unread ones that you're subscribed to, which may work differently.

That is my process, unread ones I’m subscribed to.  

Cecil 

6 minutes ago, Cecil said:

That is my process, unread ones I’m subscribed to.  

Thanks. I have no idea how that process works, or whether it has changed at all from how it used to work. Perhaps another forum user with your workflow can comment, or one of the moderators.

-- Walt
PC: