You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ICC printing profile issue

Dear Support,

I have a nasty issue when with the printing of _some_, but not all, of my pictures. The software and hardware I use is AF version 1.8.2.620 connected to an Epson XP-55. I also use Photoshop reelase 21.1.1 in order to compare printing results. The Epson Drivers are up to date as well.

When printing I configure both Photoshop and Affiniy Photo to use the Epson provided ‘Epson XP55 Series Premium Glossy’ ICC profile and yes both Photoshop and Affiniy Photo have been configured to do Colorhandling in the application and not in the printer. And yes the XP55 printer driver has been configured as well to do ‘No Color Adjustment’.

The image specified here (printertestfileflat_original.jpg) is an image that is printer almost perfectly both by PS and AF. (see attachments)

This image (knotwilg_original.jpg ) is almost perfectly printed by PS but the print result in AF is WAY TOO DARK.

The dark image (knotwilg_as_printed_approximate.jpg) is a simulation of what I get on paper.

Since this 'way to dark printing result' only occurs occasionally I suspect it to be some kind of bug in the ICC printing profile calculation somewhere inside AF.

Please advice, Aad Slingerland.

1-printertestfileflat_original.jpg

2-knotwilg_original.jpg

3-knotwilg_as_printed_approximate.jpg.82cf86bbeda5e3d8854414b55a4df710.jpg

• Staff

Hi @Aad Slingerland

22 hours ago, Aad Slingerland said:

When printing I configure both Photoshop and Affiniy Photo to use the Epson provided ‘Epson XP55 Series Premium Glossy’ ICC profile

How do you do this?

Can you attach an afphoto file that prints wrong so we can have a look?

• Staff

That's a 32 bit document. If you choose not to colour manage when you print, it will print wrong as this has got a SGRB linear profile. Your printer will just print the linear version of this (gamma 1 instead of 2.1). So this is the expected behaviour. Convert your document to 8 bit and it should be all good :) There is no reason to work in 32 bit if all you do is print.