You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.2 Issues importing Raw

When importing RAW from a Nikon Z7 , the landscape orientation imports perfectly, the portrait orientation is not correct. I am using an iPad Pro 12.9 iOS 13.4 running Affinity 1.8.2. The portrait orientation imports as low resolution RGB with the image transposed left to right, it does not open into the develop persona. These files work correctly when using other applications that develop RAW. 02CB7B2F-5EAE-423E-AFBE-219B34AA9FC9.thumb.jpeg.3b1a411471fa6afda99014b6f0301eda.jpeg

D605BE08-4150-4032-92FD-7EE110B371E6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Russell higginbotham said:

I have the same issue. Raw pictures load to affinity upside down and heavily pixelated. 

And to NikonNik this is a known issue with Nikon images.  Follow the link above to install the newest beta link. The app TestFlight is now public.   Download it and you should be able to download the latest beta.  The beta app downloads separately and does not impact the the current release.  See if the issue has been resolved.  It would really help the developers. 

The file upload failed. Is there an email address that I may use? Also, the files are over 8mb each and the info on the fail notice indicates 2.6mb... Thank you, Nick.         Files are 48mb each not 8mb as previously indicated.

Edited by NikonNick
Correction

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2020 at 4:28 PM, Olov said:

Just to let you know, after the latest ipadOS (14.3) upgrade the import is working as expected again. The same RAF (NEF) pictures in portrait mode that wouldn't import before now imports just fine.

I use the same version (14.3 iOS) but the problem still exists. I turned off portrait mode in my camera (nikon d7100), and the pics i took after that works well... but what about the old ones? I have a lot to work on but i cant since affinity does not load the raw. I also tried beta version, didnt fix the problem either.