You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I have images boxes/picture frames in my template, howerver, they are not displayed anymore since I updated to v 1.8. They are still there and usable (visible when I click on them), but would like to have them visible on the page, even before I have added the picture.

Any idea on how I can make the empty picture frames visible again?

Thanks

Philippe

It would help to have a sample file. Or something that shows more of the screen, especially the Layers panel.

Edit: Also, what application are you using? And there's no indication on your video that you have picture frames. It looks like you might simply have rectangles that don't have any Stroke assigned. The Layers panel will help to show that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for the screenshot, and the sample file.

The picture frames are invisible because you have a black background. If you turn off that black background rectangle, here is what you'll see:

image.png.ac6599082efce653be979bb19c85ab2e.png

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks! Indeed, I did not try to remove the black background... What is strange though is that the picture frames were visible (even on back background) pre-version 1.8 and the text boxes remain visibles, even with the black background. It would be great for Affinity to make them visible again, irrespective of the background.

Best regards

I can't comment on how it worked before 1.8, as I don't remember and don't have 1.7 installed on either of my machines. (And I'm not willing to downgrade one of them to 1.7; sorry.)

The text frame is showing because you have View > Show Text Flow enabled, which gives it a blue outline even when selected.

When you select one of the picture frame layers, you'll see the blue bounding box, but not the X through the frame, because the X is black. And you don't see the frame border because that's gray.

As far as I know, those colors have not changed.

-- Walt
PC: