You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAW files from Sigma Merrill Dp cameras (Coldix)

I have just purchased Affinity Photo. Some of the cameras I use are Sigma Merrill Dp cameras with the Foveon sensors. When I open a RAW file from one of these cameras I am getting strange and uneven colour casts. Greenish in some parts and magenta in others. I shoot simultaneous RAW and jpegs with these cameras and the jpeg file opens with natural colours. Can anyone suggest what is happening with the RAW files? Thank you.

• Staff

Hi Coldix,

Welcome to the forums :)

If possible could you provide one of the files in question so I can look into this further for you.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 2 months later...

The good news @Coldix is that the Devs are apparently working furiously on improving the Merrill RAW support, and (fingers crossed) were last seen hustling to summon one big collective push hard enough to send an email to the Devs at LibRaw, the folks who manage the libraries used to import RAW files into Affinity Photo. They'd probably get to that point soon enough: it's only been a year and a half since I posted it, and about a year earlier since others posted it, so it will probably be any coming year now. In that fevered interim, I reached out on their behalf (because let's face it, sending emails can get pretty complicated), and the folks at LibRaw felt unequivocally that this issue has nothing to do with them, and that the resolution is within the scope of the Affinity Photo team. More time saved!

The better news is that unlike other Customer Support and Delivery teams which waste their time doing things like fully measuring the issue, isolating the root cause and evaluating the effectiveness of different approaches, and especially all that time-squandering communications with their customers providing status updates and next steps, with Affinity, things are way more efficient and we don't need to worry ourselves about any of those frivolities.

We need to trust that they are making good progress all these years, and must be diligent in doing our part to keep upgrading our Affinity Photo versions in the interim. I have been told to stop bothering them with requests about this, so a heads up that you should probably not complain or make any further requests concerning Foveon X3F Merrill RAW support.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

When we all aim for mediocrity, we help flatten the curve!