You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity-Publisher Making Custom Grids

Here are some examples of Notecards I do for each Sunday's lesson. I started out, years ago doing these in Adobe Indesign, was teaching Adobe products at Purdue so had access that was the CS6 days. With the days of subscription software I looked for other ways to do the work. I came up with using Swift Publisher. It works ok. I just wanted a plan B and set up the templates for using in Affinity Publisher I get bored in Swift Publisher. What you can't see are the .125 inch grids in the background, I think I put them on what they refer to as a background layer so they don't print or save when I put them up on the internet,  that help me line up text boxes and graphics. 

The one with only one notecard to the page is my template I use when I export out to a PDF so someone can go to my website and print one out and then be able to listen to the sermon and fill in the notecard. It is one notecard with printing instructions at the bottom. 20200322pm-Davids_Greatest_Victory-NOTECARD-Side_1.thumb.png.5e0fd017a44caeac9ab2cc271f6d4f44.pngNotecard-Side_1.thumb.png.a246dde3add94cc63837e28e83ab37da.pngNotecard-Side_1.thumb.png.a246dde3add94cc63837e28e83ab37da.pngMy local audience loves getting them. 

What I am trying to do is set the grid up. I will then be able to go in and make the individual templates to the various sizes. My naming convention for the templates go along with the size of the individual notecard example 3-125X6-25_Notecard would be one of dimensions of 3 1/2 inch wide by 6 1/4 inch length. I will also include a couple of others. The last will be the card I will be giving my local audience in the morning. There are 2 notecards to a page and I cut them out individually. 

Notecard-Side_2.png

Notecard_2.png

Notecard_2-Side_2.png

20200322pm-Davids_Greatest_Victory-NOTECARD-Side_2.png

The arrangement all went squirrelly. The Internet Notecard is titled Forgiveness. Has printing instructions. The other one is a sample of the template I modify the left card. Group all together then copy and pasted the card to the right side. On both sides. The one title David's Greatest Victory is an example of the final product. Find any mistakes this was before final edit. 

Thanks,

Dr. Mike

I finally figured out the grids I think. I will have to figure out how to get everything on different layers. One thing I miss here is on Swift Publisher if I hold the left mouse button in the upper right corner of the card and slide down through the card to the right I can select everything on the card and then group it all copy and paste move the copy to the right margin. Here I had to do a select everything copy and then move it never put everything in a group by itself. I was confused on group that I saw in the menu at the top turns out that was layer grouping like in Photoshop. I think it can do the job. Here one of sets I did for a template this one is double my template usually has the one on the right where I can modify copy and move a copy to the right side. 

3-125X6-25_Notecards-Affinity_Publisher.afpub